Thanks from one member of LE

woody116

A big thanks to all of those LEO's out there working to keep us safe during the holidays.

Well, I wish to thank you guys for the nice comments. This came from another thread along with a couple of other comments. It was really nice to read.
Last nite we were at the in-laws for Christmas and I caught a couple of "zingers" from the relatives.
My sis-in-law made some sarcastic comment about seeing on of our Deputies at Starbucks the other day (that Deputy's wife must make good $ ;) ) and then another about my Capt allowing us to leave early on Christmas Eve (about her tax dollars paying for us......) An uncle decided to share a couple "cop" stories about Officers pulling over truckers (he's a mechanic for a trucking company-so I'm sure its all first hand info) and the "dumb" things the Officers have done.
I simply commented about how I hear so often about seeing "us" doing this and that, but no one seems to mention seeing "us" getting out of a warm bed at 2am to go photograph a fatal accident or shooting, or having to go photograph and collect evidence at a burglary scene. Or, going to the hospital to interview a sexual assault victim.
Not to mention the times "our" family time at holidays is intrupted for the above reasons. I wont even go into the times late for dinner or missing dinner all together because of being late.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the "Woody's family" for expressing thanks.
Disclamer:
(I know that LE are not the only ones who work nites and/or get called into work at family time. This just came at the right moment for me)

Havana Dude

Woody116

I for one would like to Thank You for what you do. I am a firefighter, and I would not have your job. I grew up in a LEO environment, with my Dad. I know what you mean about the things people say about what we do. I get the, ...."what do ya'll do all day, sit around, watch TV and sleep?" I just agree with them, and say yea thats about all we do. These folks would not be able to handle most the situations we encounter, so I don't even try and explain it to them.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Woody, Glad to have you keeping the peace at all hours of the day and night.

Jim

huntin1

I too would like to add my thanks along with Woody. After 25 years in LE I've heard a lot of off the wall comments about how and what we do, most of them wrong. It is really nice when someone says something good. :yeah:

Take care all, I hope that you all had a very nice Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year!!!!

huntin1

(ps. any of you LEO guys on here FOP?)

QuakerBoy

Woody, I'm not an LEO...but I am a govt employee and I know what you are saying.

A lot of folks in the public sector think they should get to go home early Christmas and New Years Eve's...and they are entitled to a Christmas bonus (Which you well know we could never get)

and of course no problem stopping by for a coffee if they are driving by in the course of their day.

But since their taxes pay your/my salary....no way we should get to.

Merry Christmas and thanks for protecting us. :)