That one doe that busts you every time!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to hear it. But it happens. It's all part of it. Better than her getting hit by a car. She may still be alive. If not, nothing goes to waste in nature.

devolve

Been there and done that, more than once. It was either get mad or augh and prefer the latter. :)

As a younger man I would have been upset. But I am older and wiser(maybe), I’m looking at the 27 deer and 1 bear encounter I’ve had in this stand in 4 sits. It’s all a win! Plenty of season to go and I’m still well stocked in venison from last year.

hambone76

Bummer, I really hate that for you.
Lots of critters and bugs will thrive now that she’s dead, so it won’t go to waste.

devolve

I looked for buzzards Sunday and sure enough about 100 of them were circling directly above the property I don’t have permission to trespass on. Anti hunter that won’t allow me to even retrieve game over his property line. I wish there was away around that

oldfella1962

I looked for buzzards Sunday and sure enough about 100 of them were circling directly above the property I don’t have permission to trespass on. Anti hunter that won’t allow me to even retrieve game over his property line. I wish there was away around that

okay the anti-hunter is obviously against hunting, I respect that. But the damage is done and the deer happened to die on his property. How does him not allowing you to retrieve that deer before the critters get it benefit anybody? It's not going to discourage hunting whether in general or on his property, the deer wasn't "hunted" on his property in the first place - it just died there. I don't get what he's trying to prove.

I hope he doesn't have the gall to complain that hunters "leave wounded animals to rot" when he is actually causing the situation by not allowing you to finish tracking it.
Then again most anti-hunters don't understand the nuts & bolts of the hunting process anyway.