That time of year again

greg j

Saw two fresh deer kills on the bypass in Carrollton today. Might have to start
taking a late night drive and early morning drive to see if i can get a fresh one to
salvage the back straps. Anybody ever salvaged a road kill that they knew was only a few hours old?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Saw two fresh deer kills on the bypass in Carrollton today. Might have to start
taking a late night drive and early morning drive to see if i can get a fresh one to
salvage the back straps. Anybody ever salvaged a road kill that they knew was only a few hours old?
Yep. Several back in the day. A couple I had to finish off. I couldn’t let them go to waste

kayaksteve

My grandfather was a State Farm insurance man for over 50 years. I can remember many times when he’d get a call about someone hitting a deer and needing to make a claim. We’d hop in the truck, go take some photos with his trusty Polaroid for the claim and then salvage whatever we could from the deer. His generation didn’t waste or throw away much that might be of use

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I get 2-3 every year beside my driveway. No need to hunt.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I will absolutely take meat from a fresh road kill. Look for eyes shining in the ditch.

Back when I was a cop, we skinned several behind the PD, after the accident report was done.. ?

No sense letting the coyotes have it...

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Oct '01 hit one at 65per on 316. She tried to leap over my hood last second and head hit my windshield right in front of my face then body flopped down the side of my Blazer. Got stopped safely dropped the tail gate and sat on it, t-shirt pressed to my face,, trying to stop the bleeding from the cut on my face where the rear view mirror came in and hit me . Guy following me stopped to check on me. As we sat there talking waiting on the cops and rescue two guys pull up a quarter mile back down the road, hop out grab the doe and chuck her in the bed of their Ford Ranger. Off they go. Didn't have the courtesy to stop and say "Thanks!", "Hope you're all right", "Hey would you like a hind quarter" nothing. Not even a wave of acknowledgement.

I keenly remember sitting there thinking "I hope y'all CHOKE on it".