Thats a long ways to drive for rainbow trout

lampern

• Strong Partnerships for Trout Hatcheries: For decades, federal and state trout hatcheries have maintained a strong partnership. This week, six fisheries staff made the LONG drive to upstate Arkansas to the Norfork National Fish Hatchery to transport 32,000 rainbow trout fingerlings back to the Buford Trout Hatchery in Georgia. Once grown, these fish will provide late-summer trout fishing opportunities across North Georgia.

From the Georgia DNR

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
In the next few years I intend to get a group together to hit the White River in Ark for a few days of epic trout fishing.
Lived in AR for about 15 years, there is amazing fishing there. There used to be a swing bridge down stream of Greers Ferry dam. I walked that bridge many days counting over a dozen rainbows below over 5 lbs. Many times, more than that.

pjciii

Lived in AR for about 15 years, there is amazing fishing there. There used to be a swing bridge down stream of Greers Ferry dam. I walked that bridge many days counting over a dozen rainbows below over 5 lbs. Many times, more than that.
Sounds awfully nice. Read lots of Articles on fishing the white river. Also the DNR has a release point at the Hatchery for kids only where they can have as much fun as they want catching trout. 1 article talked about a campground across the state highway. Resorts and drift boat guides. Alot of adult fun also.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sounds awfully nice. Read lots of Articles on fishing the white river. Also the DNR has a release point at the Hatchery for kids only where they can have as much fun as they want catching trout. 1 article talked about a campground across the state highway. Resorts and drift boat guides. Alot of adult fun also.
Both the rainbows and browns reproduce in the rivers there. They get big. Many stockings are at boat ramps. If you happen to be there when they release kids can catch stockers as fast as they can get bait in the water. I happen to be there with my nephews a couple times, they had a blast.

NCMTNHunter

Is there a full article? I’d be curious as to why they hauled fingerlings back instead of buying eggs and hatching them at Buford?

lampern

I believe Georgia gets it’s rainbow and brook trout to stock from the federal hatchery system.

The brown trout come from South Carolina dnr

Somebody correct me but I believe Georgia does not spawn any trout