The animal or the experience...

What do you remember most about a past hunting trip?

• Animal taken

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Experience

Votes: 86 88.7%

• Total voters

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
What means the most to you?

What you harvest or what you experience?

buckpasser

The experience, hands down. There are normally greater/stronger memories associated to kills though! I think I was raised to believe hunting trips were all business. We weren’t there to sleep in, rest our feet, eat indoors, etc, so I don’t remember too many hunts that were complete busts. We looked like Chechen fighters on a mission!

Hoss

It’s the experience for me. Seeing the day start or end and all the things that happen in between make for a good hunt. If critters show up, especially a deer, it’s a plus. Actually getting a deer well that just puts icing on the experience.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Harvest? I ain't no farmer. Sometimes I flat kill something and eat it! ?

I enjoy the experience of hunting, fishing, trapping, and the outdoors more than anything. "Getting out in it" and away from the day to day, is most of the enjoyment to me. Nowadays seeing my Grandboys The Kid and Little Brother "out in it" and learning is the most important thing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I enjoy the experience of hunting, fishing, trapping, and the outdoors more than anything. "Getting out in it" and away from the day to day, is most of the enjoyment to me. Nowadays seeing my Grandboys The Kid and Little Brother "out in it" and learning is the most important thing.
Yep. I don't care about antler inches and county records and such. I enjoy hunting and eating deer.

Kebo07

Experience for me. Not just the memories of the actual hunt but in everything that goes into the making of the hunt. The time spent working in the hot summer building up the sweat equity, the scouting for areas where the deer like to travel, the conversations around the fire, and watching the sun go up and/or down and just take it all that the great creator blessed me with.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Same here. It's definitely the experience in first place but I would be a liar if I told you I don't really care about killing a deer. That's why I go to the woods.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler

It’s not only the fishing and hunting and being out with the grand boys. It’s about eating muscadines and simmons, seeing baby rabbits, finding arrerheads,picking up shed antlers,looking around old house places, and finding sticks for walking sticks and much more. It’s about sharing experiences with friends and relatives that you can recall years later and enjoy it all over again.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
It’s not only the fishing and hunting and being out with the grand boys. It’s about eating muscadines and simmons, seeing baby rabbits, finding arrerheads,picking up shed antlers,looking around old house places, and finding sticks for walking sticks and much more. It’s about sharing experiences with friends and relatives that you can recall years later and enjoy it all over again.

Yes Sir.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I'm in the both group. I dont get bummed if I dont even see a deer. That's just hunting. There's always something to learn just by looking around in the woods. I do get annoyed when I bump deer but always try to turn it into a learning experience or I just suck and get lucky every once in a while.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m just having fun enjoying the outdoors, but I do like to bring home the meat. I also enjoy the whole process of preparing it when I am fortunate enough to get some. For me, the meat itself is a special experience from death til it’s eaten. So I kinda think they all go hand in hand. I wouldn’t enjoy one without the other.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Both are important to me but the experience wins out. some of my best hunts have not involved my taking a shoot.

There was the time that I had a Grandfather, Son, Grandson trio at the farm and put them all on the power line where they could nearly see one another, That morning the Grandson got his first deer and the Grandfather, from Ohio, killed his first GA deer with a modern rifle. I will never forget that day or those faces. Good times mean way more than killing another deer.