The Attire of An Harlot By Stacey Shiflett

P

pfharris1965

Yeah but...

where is the issue of responsibility of the man to turn away addressed here?

Just because a woman wears a short skirt it does not mean that a man must chase after her....

Does the Bible not say that lustful thoughts are a sin as well? Is it not encumbent upon everyone to control themselves...INCLUDING the MALE OF THE SPECIES????

The man is just as guilty of a sin for not turning away from the temptation is he not...????

That is unless you happen to be of the mindset that a man is superior to a woman...

Just curious...

Double Barrel BB

where is the issue of responsibility of the man to turn away addressed here?

Just because a woman wears a short skirt it does not mean that a man must chase after her....

Does the Bible not say that lustful thoughts are a sin as well? Is it not encumbent upon everyone to control themselves...INCLUDING the MALE OF THE SPECIES????

The man is just as guilty of a sin for not turning away from the temptation is he not...????

That is unless you happen to be of the mindset that a man is superior to a woman...

Just curious...

Now I am not admonishing men of any wrong doing. We should all be vigilant in our quest to avoid sinful thoughts. Yes, there are going to be men that lust after women no matter what they wear, but that(to me) is a sin that is on the men entirely.

Just wanted to repost this, just incase you missed this post....

The man is not superior to the women, but he is to be the leader of the house, and the wife is to be submissive to the husband. But that is talking about husbands and wives......

DB BB

Tn_Extreme

Banned
The Bible says the saved in Christ will be a separate, peculiar people who the world will shun.

P

pfharris1965

The Bible says the saved in Christ will be a separate, peculiar people who the world will shun.

Well, I do not think it is the one's saved in Christ but there sure are a lot of self-proclaimed "righteous Christians" (I guess they would have been considered as false prophets in days of old) well on their way to fulfilling this statement...they are alienating themselves from anyone and everything with all sorts of outlandishness...for their sake I truly hope they are saved...and I hope a lot of them do not get re-elected come November...

:cheers:

P

pfharris1965

"The man is not superior to the women, but he is to be the leader of the house, and the wife is to be submissive to the husband. But that is talking about husbands and wives"......

submissive in what way??? I am sure this is someone that is of the midset that it's not rape if it is my wife and she says no.....and its not abuse if its my wife I happen to be beating on....

It's my right.... she is my property.....

:pop: :pop: :pop: :cheers:

StriperAddict

Like I said, at the end of the day, it's on the man. I will admit, it's becoming more 'work' on our part, but BE THE MAN! Hold the females of your household up to the standards YOU believe are acceptable and hold yourself to an even HIGHER standard. Should work.

Wanted to bring this post around again b/c it's the heart of the matter... I do try to hold myself to a high standard... Christs' , and sometimes I try desperately because in my weakness as a man I can fail miserably, especially if not close to God at a particular time. (A "put on the whole armor of God" smily belongs here :smash: )

But godliness and modesty go hand in hand. I hold myself accountable to God for my reaction or not to 'that' temptation, and I trust that "sister so n' so" would do her best not to flaunt what she's got...

now... as to what's out there in the world? Dang if some of us are starting to need horses' blinders...
:eek:

ok, some humor but yas get my point...

::ke:

Tn_Extreme

Banned
Well, I do not think it is the one's saved in Christ but there sure are a lot of self-proclaimed "righteous Christians" (I guess they would have been considered as false prophets in days of old) well on their way to fulfilling this statement...they are alienating themselves from anyone and everything with all sorts of outlandishness...for their sake I truly hope they are saved...and I hope a lot of them do not get re-elected come November...

:cheers:
I am just quoting the Bible, Sorry what it says doesnt suit yor views.

I am not sure how politics got brought into thiss subject...maybe I need to go abck and read the thread again.

As for not wanting the Reoublicans to get re-elected. While I agree they have performed less than astellar these ast few years they still beat the baby murdering, pro gay, anti american party across the aisle.

While I will remind them with calls and emaisl that their performance needs to come abck to the right somewhat and back to their core roots, I will vote to keep them in because they do the better job of defending life, keeping sodomites from taking over this country, and have no agenda to make America a Godless society.

As a Christian it is my duty to elect leaders who best align themselves with God's word. I cant vote for a liberal democrat and obey God's word.

P

pfharris1965

I am just quoting the Bible, Sorry what it says doesnt suit yor views.

I think if you carefully read my post you would see that I was in agreement with you...

I am not sure how politics got brought into thiss subject...maybe I need to go abck and read the thread again.

It was "tongue in cheek humor"...oh wait...nevermind...no point in continuing on this one...

As for not wanting the Reoublicans to get re-elected. While I agree they have performed less than astellar these ast few years they still beat the baby murdering, pro gay, anti american party across the aisle.

Show me again please where I made any reference to a political party...:huh: Yup...maybe you should go back and re-read as you suggested...

While I will remind them with calls and emaisl that their performance needs to come abck to the right somewhat and back to their core roots, I will vote to keep them in because they do the better job of defending life, keeping sodomites from taking over this country, and have no agenda to make America a Godless society.

Good for you... :cheers: Nice to see someone excercising a RIGHT afforded to EVERY citizen of this Great Nation...

As a Christian it is my duty to elect leaders who best align themselves with God's word. I cant vote for a liberal democrat and obey God's word.

Good to see a person follow their convictions...oh and I never made a comment on how I voted...although I can say with absolute certainty that either party leaves a LOT to be desired...we find ourselves stuck with a either a party that wants to RAM its view points down our throats or one that wants to let society run free with no boundaries...no middle ground for either side...

Double Barrel BB

"The man is not superior to the women, but he is to be the leader of the house, and the wife is to be submissive to the husband. But that is talking about husbands and wives"......

submissive in what way??? I am sure this is someone that is of the midset that it's not rape if it is my wife and she says no.....and its not abuse if its my wife I happen to be beating on....

It's my right.... she is my property.....

Are you saying that I am of the mindset above? I sure hope not.

I knew almost as soon as I typed it out, that someone would take it the wrong way.....

The husband is the leader of the family. The Wife is his helper. When a decision is made in the family, the Husband should make it. The wife should support his decision. (this is talking about making decision in a Godly manner, I wouldn't expect my wife to support me if I was doing something un-Godly, I would expect her to say, maybe this would be a better option, and help me make the decision.) I am accountable for what goes on in my family to God, He has put me in charge of my family, so it is my responsibilty to Love my family as Jesus Loves the Church.

The husband is supposed to love his wife as himself. Love his wife as Christ loves the Church.

Saying what I said in the previous post was not meant to say what the poster thought.

Here is the scripture to back me up:

Colossians 3:18-2118 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

Hope this clears it up,
DB BB

GaHunter19

Here's my problem with the whole story/sermon/arguement. This pastor distinctly chose Solomon as his example character for his Wisdom, yet how many wives did Solomon have? Hundreds, thousands, ....including the daughter of pharoh and numerous other gentiles, and this doesn't even include the concubines. However, I somehow doubt that this pastor would allow this think this is appropriate for todays world.

Just thinking out loud,

KP

StriperAddict

Here's my problem with the whole story/sermon/arguement. This pastor distinctly chose Solomon as his example character for his Wisdom, yet how many wives did Solomon have? Hundreds, thousands, ....including the daughter of pharoh and numerous other gentiles, and this doesn't even include the concubines. However, I somehow doubt that this pastor would allow this think this is appropriate for todays world.

Just thinking out loud,

KP

If mercy isn't part of who God is, then not only Solomon's Proverbs, but the rest of the bible would have to be trashed also.

Every writer a sinner,
every writer was humbled to the point of total surrender to the living God,
every writer wrote with God's inspiration b/c God Himself is able to lead a heart into truth, and shine light in the midst of darkness. It's part of what redemption is all about.

Perhaps that's a paradox that you can't humanly justify, KP. Don't even try... the ones that do end up on this board trashing the very God they say they believe in, but refuse to submit to His instructions and His word b/c of this very reason. :rolleyes:

I've left this "paradox" at the foot of the cross years ago. I don't think for one minute that God is upset at the choices He made to pen the scriptures, since those same people, bumbling diciples and all... God inspired and used to turn the world upside down.
:smash: :smash:

GaHunter19

Striper,

I certainly understand the paradoxical concept. I was merely pointing out that this pastor used Solomon, and his description of a harlot, as an example to justify passing judgement on humanity. I found this highly ironical since Solomons greastest weakness, and ultimate demise was beautiful (and probably scantilly clad) women.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes,

Kevin

Double Barrel BB

Striper,

I certainly understand the paradoxical concept. I was merely pointing out that this pastor used Solomon, and his description of a harlot, as an example to justify passing judgement on humanity. I found this highly ironical since Solomons greastest weakness, and ultimate demise was beautiful (and probably scantilly clad) women.

Kevin

Kevin,

Just out of curiousity, what would your description of a Harlot be?

DB BB

StriperAddict

Striper,

Kevin

Solomon's instruction to his son came years before his falling into sin, as you correctly point out he did. To quote a lyric from Margaret Becker's ol' song... "Solomon's shoes":

Solomon was the wisest man
But I guess not wise enough
He forgot the Blesser
When the blessings were too much!

I think in the case of the faithful in the Lord, ones flops n' failures do not automatically mean that the person's time with/near God was a wash also. (If that is true, then we are all down the river :eek: ) I don't think Grace works that way, both before and after the cross.

my 2c