The Dawgs have a problem.

BamaGeorgialine

Bennett ain't starting anywhere other than UGA when UGA has no alternative.

Bennett is AMAZING considering what he is....he may well be the best to ever play the game with his physical traits and abilities. It is nearly impossible to believe that he has accomplished as much as he has at UGA....but he ain't a starter for any SEC school. If he were someone in the SEC would have offered him out of high school or out of JUCO. Buck Belue won a national title at UGA and only completed one solitary pass in the game that sealed the deal. Buck Belue's ain't starting at a SEC school in 2021 and they havent for a while. Bennet is a DGD and his is an amazing story....but its a story that should have never come to pass at UGA given the resources at UGA. If anyone is delusional enough to think Kirby Smart ain't aware of this you are simply refusing to accept logic because the emotional high of watching a Kid play way above his head for a couple of games only to come crashing to reality with the first defense with a pulse is on the field is more satisfying. Stetson Bennett starting at UGA 2 years in a row is an issue any way you slice it.....if UGA is on the verge of being an elite program and competing for national titles. If we are in the business of finishing second in the SEC East most years and going to the Peach Bowl or the Outback Bowl then Bennett starting 2 years is not an issue.....
I agree but, you might as well give it up. There is a fascination with Bennett for some reason. Some even put Brady and Bennett in the same sentence. There is someone who is an exception for everything anyone has ever done. You are correct. Bennett started against teams that had a pulse and barely left with his beating. And a beating it was. I personally would like to see him be the starting backup all year, just as I'm sure most coaches of the opponents would too. But, that's why folks are called FANatics. They love em when they're winning and don't hesitate to kick em to the curb when reality hits. I wonder if Kirby ever thinks, Man, if I were still a defensive coordinator (which I think he still is), wouldn't I love to see Bennett behind center? Goodness gracious

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
What y'all are yanking each others chains about with Bennett is awesome. Absolutely awesome. But he's 1 of the backups. Daniels is qb1. And to think he's soft because of injuries (ie torn knee ligament or oblique strain) has to come from someone who has never played a sport.... Much less football.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I agree but, you might as well give it up. There is a fascination with Bennett for some reason. Some even put Brady and Bennett in the same sentence. There is someone who is an exception for everything anyone has ever done. You are correct. Bennett started against teams that had a pulse and barely left with his beating. And a beating it was. I personally would like to see him be the starting backup all year, just as I'm sure most coaches of the opponents would too. But, that's why folks are called FANatics. They love em when they're winning and don't hesitate to kick em to the curb when reality hits. I wonder if Kirby ever thinks, Man, if I were still a defensive coordinator (which I think he still is), wouldn't I love to see Bennett behind center? Goodness gracious

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure 2 of the last 3 times Ala played UGA y'all's starting "superstar" QB's, yes 2 different ones, got benched at halftime because of the miserable failures they were.

And our "sorry game manager" QB didn't lose us either game. It was poor coaching decisions by a less experienced/inexperienced HC and some serious "home cookin'" by some refs in the '17 NCG. (I'll post the video of the poor/missed calls if I must but you know about them whether you admit it or not)

BamaGeorgialine

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure 2 of the last 3 times Ala played UGA y'all's starting "superstar" QB's, yes 2 different ones, got benched at halftime because of the miserable failures they were.

And our "sorry game manager" QB didn't lose us either game. It was poor coaching decisions by a less experienced/inexperienced HC and some serious "home cookin'" by some refs in the '17 NCG. (I'll post the video of the poor/missed calls if I must but you know about them whether you admit it or not)
Oh Lord. Spare me. You're one of those "It ain't fair!" people. I've heard enough of that crap from all the millennials. I'll pass. Just like Tua did on 2nd and 26!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
C1EAE991-8B1D-4D89-8262-525E9D0B6205.jpeg

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I guess lil nibbler bit off more than he can chew. :rofl:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
2-0 Beat the number 3 team in the nation! Go Dawgs and all the haters can just keep
Hating! Carry on! See all of you soon!

DAWGs did a good job, exceptional defensively. The W stands but was Clemson really all that?

brownceluse

DAWGs did a good job, exceptional defensively. The W stands but was Clemson really all that?

I could argue the same about Miami. The way I see it we won a game everyone thought we should lose. Then we beat a team exactly the way we should have with a backup QB. So to my point. We’ve passed each test. But all the haters keep flapping their gums. As they should. But I still have to hit the facts.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I could argue the same about Miami. The way I see it we won a game everyone thought we should lose. Then we beat a team exactly the way we should have with a backup QB. So to my point. We’ve passed each test. But all the haters keep flapping their gums. As they should. But I still have to hit the facts.

Yep, both teams were overrated. Folks trying to hype for TV.

brownceluse

Yep, both teams were overrated. Folks trying to hype for TV.
Yep, that’s why you try and take care of business. Bama has the Dawgs have. Until they lose All the banter is just noise. Like Arky beating Texas. Texas should’ve never been ranked. But they were and now Arky looks good. But Arky took care of business. We could go on and on. Just win baby!

DannyW

If UGA loses a single game before playing the elephants, regardless of who they line up behind center, it's on the coaching staff. Too much talent. If they lose a regular season game it's because the coaches didn't do their job of preparing the team.

Ya'll know I'm NOT a UGA homer, and maybe I'm wrong, but IMO the real national championship game is going to be played December 4 at MB stadium.

greendawg

Are you saying previous uga teams or any team in the nation not close on receiver depth?

If it's the later that's simply not true. ;)

UGA has 4 5 star players not playing right now at WR and TE. Darnell Washington, Arik Gilbert (the highest rated TE prospect ever), George Pickens, and Blaylock. Even with all that, UGA still had 5 different WR's catch TDs Saturday. Kearis Jackson is not starting right now because of injury and UGA has the luxury of letting him get to 100% because they have Bowers, Jack-Saint, Arian Smith, AD Mitchell, Ladd McConkey, Justin Robinson, etc. I'm not saying this group is as good as Bama last year or LSU year before last, but UGA has never had a group like this.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
UGA has 4 5 star players not playing right now at WR and TE. Darnell Washington, Arik Gilbert (the highest rated TE prospect ever), George Pickens, and Blaylock. Even with all that, UGA still had 5 different WR's catch TDs Saturday. Kearis Jackson is not starting right now because of injury and UGA has the luxury of letting him get to 100% because they have Bowers, Jack-Saint, Arian Smith, AD Mitchell, Ladd McConkey, Justin Robinson, etc. I'm not saying this group is as good as Bama last year or LSU year before last, but UGA has never had a group like this.
How many did they catch on September 4th. I can’t remember

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

That's like saying Bama wasn't "all that"..

To be the man ya got to beat the man. Dabo is one you want to beat.