The deadly South eastern Black Mamba

Hillbilly stalker

Well that’s what he tried to put on like.:biggrin2: I stepped across a limb and about stepped on him. I poked him on the tail with a tree limb just to see if he would take off. Well he was a fighter and not a runner. He shook his tail in the leaves mocking a rattle SnakeE9E598E3-69F3-428B-B61D-4DADFC4E4FAE.jpeg. When that didn’t work, he coiled up and rose like a big western diamond back trying to scare somebody. I had my squirrel dog pup out and took advantage of the training opportunity. I called the pup in and let him see the snake. Just as soon as he was fixed to grab the snake...old no shoulders popped him right on the nose. I was ready.....I had set my shock collar on high and timed it right. I nailed him and he thought the snake done it. It took twice, but I believe he learned something. Pretty snake. And afore the tree huggers start whining, the snake wasnt hurt at all and we left him.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Purdy snake - and he means bidness. Great pic!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Might save that pups life one day.

Piece of advise. Never try and pick one up when hes in that kinda mood.

Dixiecutter,
Have you ever watched snake city TV show?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Thought this was a Kobe thread.

Hillbilly stalker

I have both subspecies of "spreadin" adder around here.
I had one spread his hood like that on me in the low country of South Carolina one time. I had never seen that. I didn’t know there were subspecies like that. I just watched him a few minutes and went on.

ghadarits

These are the two I worry about. Both were also waiting by the door for me to step out so they could ambush me.

View attachment 1049216View attachment 1049217
Is the bottom snake a hog nose? I've only ever seen maybe 10 hog nose in my life. The last one I found I caught and took home then convinced my wife, daughter and mother in law it was a cobra escaped from somewhere.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
a friend of mine was bitten year before last on the left arm by a black snake. It was in his chicken house on top of a switch box. Barry reached up to pull a breaker, and the snake bit him right in the inside bend of his elbow. It brought a lot of blood too.

Well, Barry caught the snake, turned it loose outside, and washed his arm and went about his business. The next day he wasn't feeling real well. On the 2nd day, he went to the doctor. The bite had put enough bacteria into his bloodstream that it caused an infection in his lungs. Barry was in the hospital for over 2 weeks, and they had to do all kinds of procedures to try and get his lungs cleared out.

He still has issues from it today.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is the bottom snake a hog nose? I've only ever seen maybe 10 hog nose in my life. The last one I found I caught and took home then convinced my wife, daughter and mother in law it was a cobra escaped from somewhere.

It is, an eastern hognose. It was about 3 feet long. I have a good many of them around here.