The Deep Bite is close

Lanier Jim

Out today 3 hrs with Earl Porter to do some scouting for trips the next 9 days. We found some good schools ...first stop, we put 3 in the boat with the Lanier Baits Shakey Ned with our Herring colored worm.

Kept looking and graphing areas....and like I said, boy we found some good schools. Shakey Ned again....another 3-4 fish. Picked up the spoon on another school we found that was on a big school of bait....boated a few more fish.

The next couple of places - we were boating drop shot fish....then pulled up on a big school of 12" spots and went to town on them with the spoon and drop shot. No real big girls today but a lot of fun. It's getting great folks...the deep schools are forming. Ended up with 14-15 in a short period of time - no big girls but a lot of fun. LJ

Attachments

• 46631.jpeg
    46631.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 46633.jpeg
    46633.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 33
  • KIMG3241.JPG
    KIMG3241.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 31

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Out today 3 hrs with Earl Porter to do some scouting for trips the next 9 days. We found some good schools ...first stop, we put 3 in the boat with the Lanier Baits Shakey Ned with our Herring colored worm.

Kept looking and graphing areas....and like I said, boy we found some good schools. Shakey Ned again....another 3-4 fish. Picked up the spoon on another school we found that was on a big school of bait....boated a few more fish.

The next couple of places - we were boating drop shot fish....then pulled up on a big school of 12" spots and went to town on them with the spoon and drop shot. No real big girls today but a lot of fun. It's getting great folks...the deep schools are forming. Ended up with 14-15 in a short period of time - no big girls but a lot of fun. LJ

How deep are you talking, Jim?

hopper

Awesome. Gonna learn me some more spooning this year. I made sure to buy a ton of them this year cause the Lanier timber monsters like em to?
Hopping to put spot lock on my little skiff this year to make easier to stay on em.
Please keep posting Buddy

Lanier Jim

Today - we found some big schools in 40'-45' of water. The bait was deep and so were the fish.