The Friends Gathering

JohnnyD

My two closest friends and I gather once a December before the family obligations take precedence and do our own Christmas gathering. Food is the focus. And their dog. Last night we had mulled wine, braised beef shank, garlic potatoes, smoked mushrooms, baked brie with pecans and blackberries, and a pear upside down cake. Mixed nuts were abundant for snacking purposes. Lily the House Hippo supervised. It'll take a few days to recover.

Screenshot_20231209_154448_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_154420_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_155944_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_154520_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_165632_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_112016_Instagram.jpg
20231209_155447.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is some good looking eats. That beef shank looks five star.
On a side note-I miss those mixed nuts in the shell. Everybody used to have those this time of year, but you never see them any more. I think I'll go find some.

JohnnyD

On a side note-I miss those mixed nuts in the shell. Everybody used to have those this time of year, but you never see them any more. I think I'll go find some.
We had a big discussion about that a few weeks back. We always saw them growing up. My grandfather had a big bowl of them in his house at all times. We decided to bring the tradition back this year.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Got that right. They were always at our house. Even in our stockings. :bounce: My Diddy's friend even made him a nut cracker, and we still use it. nut cracker.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I knew I had my grandfather's old set somewhere. Gonna have to put this to use more regular.
View attachment 1275422
I found one almost exactly like that cleaning out the old home place recently, getting ready to move in. It was my grandpa's I reckon. I got it out and cleaned it up.

PS-That Woodford looks good. :)

jaydawg

My two closest friends and I gather once a December before the family obligations take precedence and do our own Christmas gathering. Food is the focus. And their dog. Last night we had mulled wine, braised beef shank, garlic potatoes, smoked mushrooms, baked brie with pecans and blackberries, and a pear upside down cake. Mixed nuts were abundant for snacking purposes. Lily the House Hippo supervised. It'll take a few days to recover.

View attachment 1275382

View attachment 1275383
View attachment 1275384
View attachment 1275385
View attachment 1275386
View attachment 1275388
View attachment 1275387
Looks like a fantastic evening!…did Ryork cater the event?:p

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Mercy !

ryork

Awesome all the way around!! My grandparents had much the same equipment for nuts. I’m going to ask my Mom if she has it somewhere.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah!!!!