The Future Looks Bright

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is a pic of a young visitor who is looking about while his Ma is eating apples under my apple tree. At least I hope he is a he.

Attachments

• 01040.jpg
    01040.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 01039.jpg
    01039.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 203

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Tha's mighty nice Mr. Vernon, thanks for sharing............and I hope he is a he, too.

GeauxLSU

Nice pics Mr. Vernon. How close were you to that little guy? Looks like you could of had him on a leash! :p
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

gabowman

Aint those little ones something to see! I finally saw two actually standing along side the rods yesterday afternoon about 6 PM. All the other small deer I've seen this year have been laying IN the road :confused: so this was a pleasant change. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Nugefan

Nice pix Mr. Vernon , now lets see the bucks that have been eating the apples...

Are they Crab or Granny Smith variety ?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I do love that apple fed meat!

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nuge: The tree is of local origin. It was developed by local orchardist, Kimsey Waddell. The name is Kimrome. It is a cross between Granny Smith and Rome Beauty. It produces well without having to spray.

The deer start plucking them as far as they can reach when they are half grown.

I had three trees and the beavers cut two of them. Have this tree trunk wrapped with wire to protect. By the way, Beavers like apples as well.

Vernon

the HEED!

Banned
cute little feller

hes a good looking fawn for sure

Randy

The future looks bright because he does not know what is coming! Man I wish we could all be like that.

More of the 2005 Fawn crop...

I did a trail cam update that can be accessed from the main picture on my website...

From the looks of things... there was at lease one buck in the woods last fall!

http://www.rholt.com