The Halloween Driveler #302, Come on in folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Morning from Norfolk- DDG 84 getting repairs and updates. Intrigued by Navy ships!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bulkeley_(DDG-84)

View attachment 988360

Ships in general have always intrigued me also. Of course growing up near the Mighty Mississippi in NOLA I saw them on the river all the time.

Worked in a shipyard as a welder briefly, and also worked on the river in the Port of New Orleans for a couple Tow and fuel companies on Tugs.

Also worked as a shippers agent and were on cargo ships all the time for that job.

Patriot44

Banned
I always saw a lot of deer in a light rain.
If there ever was a story around reading an article in a magazine, getting pumped and living out the story I did it on Nov 29 2003. Decided not to go hunting because it was raining off and on and the wind was blowing and gusting up to 30mph. The story I read was in GON I believe and it was called 'Bad Weather Bucks'. Got pumped up and went to the deer woods. Everyone was laying around and not hunting and I told them that I was going to kill a 'Bad Weather Buck', to their laughs. I was the only one that hunted that evening.

This man was the result!

DEER.jpg

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
If there ever was a story around reading an article in a magazine, getting pumped and living out the story I did it on Nov 29 2003. Decided not to go hunting because it was raining off and on and the wind was blowing and gusting up to 30mph. The story I read was in GON I believe and it was called 'Bad Weather Bucks'. Got pumped up and went to the deer woods. Everyone was laying around and not hunting and I told them that I was going to kill a 'Bad Weather Buck', to their laughs. I was the only one that hunted that evening.

This man was the result!

View attachment 988361

Beautiful Buck!

When I first started deer hunting a mentor told me something that stuck in my head. “Jeff, they gotta live no matter the weather. This is their house, and they gotta eat”.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Putnam County

Patriot44

Banned
Beautiful Buck!

When I first started deer hunting a mentor told me something that stuck in my head. “Jeff, they gotta live no matter the weather. This is their house, and they gotta eat”.
To cap off that story, we all stayed up drinking and telling stories around the campfire that night with this buck hanging about 20 ft away. I slept in do to a severe hangover but everyone else hunted. That next morning while sleeping in, two buddies scored monster bucks too- After breakfast, we took the three bucks to the cooler laid in the back of the truck toolbox to tailgate. For a brief moment, we ruled the world! Never have experienced anything like it again but that hasn't stopped me from trying.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Oh Birthday girl, guess what?

I posted in the last thread you closed.

:bounce:
:lovey: I saw that, just in time too!

Mernin Folks, lovin this slow wet drizzle!!:cheers: We NEED it!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Gobblin, my description of Ruger is very similar as I thought that under his "crusty exterior", there was a very kind-hearted soul underneath !!!! :cheers:

You folks are kind, don’t spread that around. :bounce:

Patriot44

Banned
F
We need to have beers when my nephew the Navy nuclear electrician Chief is in town. He’s a gung-ho swabby.
For sure! My company will hire a nuke electrician site unseen. That is the single most sought after MOS in my industry.

The very first experience with a nuke electrician for me was during an interview (myself, manager and VP were doing a panel interview as we always did). My manager at the time always carried our most complicated schematic into interviews and would at some point say,' can you have a look at this drawing and tell me anything about it?'

The normal response was yes, it is a psu and that was about it. The dudes name was Rob and he is one of our best today and durn near runs the entire west coast. His answer... 'this is a psu for a high power/freq RF energy source...there are the fuses, several thermal couplings, etc, etc, etc.' We had to stop him. The drawing is a college degree in Electrical Engineering any day of the week.

My next question was what are your hobbies... his answer was 'I brew beer'. He was offered a job before the interview was over. :bounce:

Rob went from making whatever an E5 in the Navy makes at 24 years old(probably about 30K/yr) to six figures in one hour. We immediately called the company recruiter and said only send us nuke electricians from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.