The High Fence Questions...

BowChilling

I know some of you are aware of the elephant in the room. I've heard from a lot of you. The bottom line is I have no proof that any of the bucks entered thus far have came from a high fence area.

I have talked to the hunter/hunters that I've been questioned about and they have told me that the deer were not killed in a fenced area. Not a lot I can do about it if someone chooses to lie or cheat to win the few prizes we have in the contest this year. I hope you all understand and if you can provide proof then I will act on it.

Until then I have no choice but to put my faith in you all to do the right thing and play by the rules!

-Billy

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
New news to me , did Kmack finally shoot his pet deer ?

Kris87

Look, it's a free contest. A few of the guys that play kill big deer every year they play. I respect that. If someone wants to enter a deer, likely shot in a HF, place a bag of Rack Extreme in front of it, then most here can see what the motive is. Happy hunting everyone.

Kris87

And for the record...my buck was not in a fence. Not even a mid level horse fence. I was on a different spot. :D

BowanaLee

Oh lord, you caught me. You saw the fence in my trail cam pics. :rofl: :bounce:

spencer12

I'm not in the contest but I enjoy watching the pics roll in and reading what everyone is seeing.

I have no idea what this is referring to, but things just got interesting. :pop:

basschaser

Whoever is saying that hasn't been a member er long or doesn't pay attention. The biggest deer that have been entered has come from straight killers. They do it every year.

Last edited:

b rad

is a military base considered high fence for entry fence is higher than most high fences out there

Kris87

City deer!! Maybe killed eating azaleas or tulips. The biggest deer are being killed in bow only counties.

Because there are no rifles. Same reason Iowa, Illinois, and KY produce dynamite deer. Dang gun hunters. :D

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
City deer!! Maybe killed eating azaleas or tulips. The biggest deer are being killed in bow only counties.

Because there are no rifles. Same reason Iowa, Illinois, and KY produce dynamite deer. Dang gun hunters. :D

Ya`ll should see some of the bucks that come off some of our area plantations and farms down here in Southwest Georgia. They don`t get mentioned, don`t make the papers or social media, and if you don`t know the right people, you won`t ever hear of em, because most of the folks don`t care for the nosiness that comes with it.

Some true giants, both racks and body size.

BlackEagle

Banned
Ya`ll should see some of the bucks that come off some of our area plantations and farms down here in Southwest Georgia. They don`t get mentioned, don`t make the papers or social media, and if you don`t know the right people, you won`t ever hear of em, because most of the folks don`t care for the nosiness that comes with it.

Some true giants, both racks and body size.

Even more true with the city giants. The average size of a city bucks antlers is far larger than a rural buck will ever be. Why? Age. Pressure. Etc.

But back to this high fence buck.....:banginghe

basschaser

I personally haven't seen a buck entered I'd care to shoot in a high fence. I hunt Fulton myself but like nic said I don't show off or advertise my kills. And there are 130-140 inch deer running around all over the state.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Even more true with the city giants. The average size of a city bucks antlers is far larger than a rural buck will ever be. Why? Age. Pressure. Etc.

But back to this high fence buck.....:banginghe

One full time hunter and 2 part time hunters on a 15,000 acre plantation who will only kill one buck apiece is no pressure at all. And they are VERY selective.

Now, back to ya`ll`s high fence.