The Kid tries a scope for the first time...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
The Kid tried a scope for the first time today. We mounted a Cricket scope on his rifle and sighted it in...

I got him set up on sandbags and let him have at it...

Screenshot_20200808-083557.png

I swear guys, this is his first group of five ever, using a scope at 50 yards..

Screenshot_20200808-083533.png

Next stop was the deer stand, where he proceeded to kill two spray paint cans at 50ish yards...Took him three shots.

Screenshot_20200808-084451.png

This was also his first time climbing the stand, managing his gear, shooting, and getting back down by himself..

Gotta say, I'm proud of him...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Awesome shooting. Natural talent!

He's got a few thousand rounds of experience using the surprisingly good aperture that came on the Cricket...

He's already got eye relief figured out, because I gave him an old scope to play with a couple years ago...

I decided it best that he learn to shoot before introducing a scope into the equation.

Judging from the results, I guess it was a good call. He says the scope makes it "too easy"...

Dub

That is some great practice!!!!!!

Well done. Much respect to you both.

Also worth noting is that he KILLED those paint cans. He didn’t “harvest” them. :rofl: Good stuff, right there.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
That is some great practice!!!!!!

Well done. Much respect to you both.

Also worth noting is that he KILLED those paint cans. He didn’t “harvest” them. :rofl: Good stuff, right there.

It was pretty funny...He didn't know they were gonna 'splode.

He was impressed...:bounce::clap:

rayjay

I bet he needs to be closer to the scope. Look up the eye relief on that scope and then measure it to his eyeball and get him to move up on the cheek piece. He is not getting a full pic through the scope.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I bet he needs to be closer to the scope. Look up the eye relief on that scope and then measure it to his eyeball and get him to move up on the cheek piece. He is not getting a full pic through the scope.

He was just feeling it out in that pic...Note the open bolt.

I was worried that he might have a hard time grasping the "eye relief concept". But he's got it, apparently..:)

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Excellent teaching him to climb the stand, manage his gear, shooting, and getting back down by himself...

I also think it is great that he is starting with a rifle that is made for a young person. He will learn proper technique and it will pay off when he graduates to a larger rifle. Don’t rush it. It will come sooner than you think.