The Kinchafoonee

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
The 2nd set of shots are amazing! Beautiful section of earth human eyes rarely see! That wasp nest is probably the biggest I've ever seen!
Nice post!

Big7

The Oracle
Bummer. Hope y'all get some rain and a lot of it soon. That's some beautiful territory.

Couple of questions:

What is Kinchafoonee a tributary of?

What kind of critters do y'all have thats big enough to dig or commandeer that one huge den you got that great picture of?

I hung out with some friends in Bainbridge, Camilla and Climax years ago. I don't know much about S.W. Georgia.

Thanks !!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Bummer. Hope y'all get some rain and a lot of it soon. That's some beautiful territory.

Couple of questions:

What is Kinchafoonee a tributary of?

What kind of critters do y'all have thats big enough to dig or commandeer that one huge den you got that great picture of?

I hung out with some friends in Bainbridge, Camilla and Climax years ago. I don't know much about S.W. Georgia.

Thanks !!

The creek originates up in Marion County and flows into the Flint River in Dougherty County. Where I got these pics are about a mile from my home here in Lee County. It`s the western property line of a good friend of mine. I`m priveleged to be able to hunt and fish this place.

It`s not a den. That`s a small cave in the limestone.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I could wade that creek and never cast a line. Probably wouldn’t even bring one. Just to see and experience the land and river in such a pristine environment would be all I would like.

Big7

The Oracle
Got most of that. Undoubtedly, some of the most beautiful property around.

So, is that cave Native American?

We have in Walton County a huge cave that resembles a bench type chair, complete with a back rest that's eons old. Older folks, before they all passed away called it Devil's Chair. Might have been an alter. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. It's about 3/4th way up on Alcovy Mountain- The Alcovy River runs nearby. Not many folks know about it. I've been there maybe 10 times in my life. My hometown and my house are about 5 miles +/- from there. I wish I had pics to show you. There were only film cameras back then.

I think you would be very interested in a visit.
Let me know. I have PLENTY of room at the crib. ?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Got most of that. Undoubtedly, some of the most beautiful property around.

So, is that cave Native American?

We have in Walton County a huge cave that resembles a bench type chair, complete with a back rest that's eons old. Older folks, before they all passed away called it Devil's Chair. Might have been an alter. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. It's about 3/4th way up on Alcovy Mountain- The Alcovy River runs nearby. Not many folks know about it. I've been there maybe 10 times in my life. My hometown and my house are about 5 miles +/- from there. I wish I had pics to show you. There were only film cameras back then.

I think you would be very interested in a visit.
Let me know. I have PLENTY of room at the crib. ?

It`s not. Too small for any human habitation. There was plenty of occupation here though. The Clovis People hunted Colombian mammoth, horses, camels, and all the other Ice Age megafauna all over this country. Points and tools from every time period have been found here, including a Boggy Branch point found less than 300 yards from where these pictures were taken.

wvdawg

Staff member
A good look at what it looks like under those creek banks. Hope the water fills soon! Steer clear of that wasp nest!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Beautiful place and pics, bud. 'Bout don't get any more relaxing than that.

Thanks for sharing.