The mighty big 10

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Id love to read through this whole thread, but the rankings this year have been all year. We all know it's not where you start, but where you finish. We've seen this play out before, I'm willing to bet that even if UGA finishes undefeated heading into the SECCG and they lose to Bama, they both end up in the CFP and probably the NCG playing each other a 2nd time.
And that's how it should be when you're the two best teams in the country. If the real purpose is to "get the 4 best teams" then you can't leave either out cause they're 1 and 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Id love to read through this whole thread, but the rankings this year have been all year. We all know it's not where you start, but where you finish. We've seen this play out before, I'm willing to bet that even if UGA finishes undefeated heading into the SECCG and they lose to Bama, they both end up in the CFP and probably the NCG playing each other a 2nd time.
Can you name 2 better teams?

If the Dawgs win out and lose to Bama in the SECG should they not get in?

Should they not get in based on what's already happened?:pop:

Last edited by a moderator:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Too bad indeed. The way it goes sometimes! You're familiar with that.
5rnvm6.gif

kingfish

No matter how you look at it, the 2 best teams in the country are Bama and UGA. I'd be willing to bet a 2 loss Bama team is still in and would jump over an undefeated Cincy or Michigan team. The SEC is the money play regardless. Still a bunch of football to go though.

BuckNasty83

If you beat Bama in SECCG, yes yall deserve it. But with the top 4 format of the playoff system, yall can lose and probably stay in the top 4, but maybe the committee shakes it up and only sends Bama. I don't like 2 teams from the same conference in the playoffs. If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't go to the playoffs imo. Not with a top 4 system anyway.

No teams are really great this year like in years past, but yall may be the best this year

bullgator

If you send two from the same conference and they both make it to the NCG.....they deserved to be there. I wouldn’t skip over a conference champion to send a different conference team though.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
If you send two from the same conference and they both make it to the NCG.....they deserved to be there. I wouldn’t skip over a conference champion to send a different conference team though.
You can't reason with a mustard thrower.....

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
No matter how you look at it, the 2 best teams in the country are Bama and UGA. I'd be willing to bet a 2 loss Bama team is still in and would jump over an undefeated Cincy or Michigan team. The SEC is the money play regardless. Still a bunch of football to go though.
This is just homer talk. I’ve watched Bama play and they ain’t all that. A 2 loss Alabama team won’t be in the top 4. Now if they make it to the seccg with one loss and beat an undefeated Georgia team I can see both of them getting in. The tide has to get past auburn first though

Madsnooker

This is just homer talk. I’ve watched Bama play and they ain’t all that. A 2 loss Alabama team won’t be in the top 4. Now if they make it to the seccg with one loss and beat an undefeated Georgia team I can see both of them getting in. The tide has to get past auburn first though

This

GTMODawg

BANNED

Im not sure if UGA manages to get to the SECCG and then manages to beat Bama that a 2 loss Bama team would not beat everyone else in the top 10 and be the toughest team an undefeated UGA would face once again.

Cinci is a 3-4 loss team playing in the SEC West and a 2-3 loss team in the SEC East. Oklahoma is a 2-3 loss team in either and looking like a 2 loss team in the Big 12. Oregon would lost at least 3 in the SEC. Whoever wins the ACC would lose 3-4 in the SEC. Ohio State is starting to look the part but there season is really just beginning and they already took a L. If they drop another one are they better than a 2 loss Bama with one of those being to an undefeated UGA? Lot of football left to play but a 2 loss Alabama team, if they get there and that is a huge if, is better than most 1 loss conference champions and certainly better than a group of 5 Ciinci.

GTMODawg

BANNED

The Iron Bowl is gonna be interesting and this is exactly the kind of season where Auburn ruins someone's season for no good reason. It is what Auburn does....anyone who has kept up with the Auburn propensity for ruining other people's seasons would not be at all surprised for them to win out, beat UGA in a rematch in Atlanta and the get whacked in a playoff game or whatever Bowl game they get in. The best thing that could happen for everyone in CFB not named Awburn is to pull for Ole Miss to at least keep Auburn out of the SECCG because that kind of mayhem...a 2 loss SEC champion, is exactly who Auburn is and what they live for......

DannyW

I think the way teams are chosen for the college NC series is inherently flawed. The four BEST teams should be chosen regardless of records, rankings and conference championships. Or past history. Or politics.

Okay, I get it. All of those things (except politics) should be a starting point in choosing the teams, but definitely NOT an ending point. If MLB selected the post season field the way that the NCAA did, the Braves would have been the 6th or 7th team ranked, and out of the playoffs based on their 88 win season. Instead they are in the world series.

Some teams take longer than others to come together.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The tide has to get past auburn first though

The Iron Bowl is going to answer a lot of questions. I think the Barn can take them.

Resica

I think the way teams are chosen for the college NC series is inherently flawed. The four BEST teams should be chosen regardless of records, rankings and conference championships. Or past history. Or politics.

Okay, I get it. All of those things (except politics) should be a starting point in choosing the teams, but definitely NOT an ending point. If MLB selected the post season field the way that the NCAA did, the Braves would have been the 6th or 7th team ranked, and out of the playoffs based on their 88 win season. Instead they are in the world series.

Some teams take longer than others to come together.
The Braves will be out of the World series soon enough.::ke: