The Never Ending Summer Driveler #371...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Hate it for all you homeowners with yards to mow.

My new rental place comes with a yard service. :cool:

I think I'll just make a drink and relax on the deck.:fine:
You got a yard full of goats?

trad bow

On the flip side of that is that the garden is too wet to till where I have torn out lots of the veggies.
Yep my garden to wet to walk in let alone plant anything.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Blister bugs are not fun. I feel for you as only those bitten before can understand your pain
Thanks. The blister is about the size of half a baseball on the back of my ankle now. At least I knew what it was this time and shucked my boot right off the bat. Unlike the last time (thought it was JUST a ant bite) and worked 4 more hours with that thing squashed under the tongue of my boot oozing that acid down into my sock. 10 minutes after I pulled my boot off my whole foot was 6-7 time bigger than it should have been. Had to throw those boots away... made the mistake of put'n them back on two weeks later after the blister went away and ..bam.. blistered again. Gonna wash these with soap and water and "hope" for the best.. they don't make these boots no more.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ain't got nuttin on a cow ant . . think they're in the wasp family ??

Cow killer is a velvet wasp. The female is the big one, flightless, with a stinger that is unbelievable. They probably hurt worse than anything else on this continent when they pop you. You won`t see one everyday, but they common down here. Look on my videos and you can see one I was messing with.

trad bow

I’ve been bite countless times growing up. Tomato plants are bad as is okra but nothing holds them as bad as dried corn fodder(stalks) that we harvested growing up. We cut every stalk of corn we raised for fodder for the cows.
I hated it back then but would love to be able to go back and live the old ways full time.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
All this talk of the delta made me think of this song.

Horrible video but

trad bow

I see and kill cow killers almost every day. But I’ve never been stung by one. As youngins we would toss them in a bucket together with a couple of beetles and watch the mayhem.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Cow killer is a velvet wasp. The female is the big one, flightless, with a stinger that is unbelievable. They probably hurt worse than anything else on this continent when they pop you. You won`t see one everyday, but they common down here. Look on my videos and you can see one I was messing with.

Saw one in the yard yesterday. It is no longer among the living.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
You gotta stomp the crap out of 'em, tuff lil boogers. Got plenty here.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Pool time at the Cafe 356.:banana: It's hot, but I aint complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.