The New ammo availability thread

Lilly001

Thanks to our current political situation inflation is here. And it’ll get worse.
I expect price increases across all products.
And some retailers will raise prices to high, or not high enough, because no one knows how bad things will get.
So price fluctuation is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Ammo is not immune.
So I’ll set a price I will pay and hope I don’t miss a chance.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
So ive been sitting on the side lines. But with Canda opening up I just booked a alberta mule deer hunt. So im gonna need to put in some time behind the rifle. Has anyone seen any varget? I only need a pound.

Dub

so far this has been my new norm...I'm sure you have seen some of my posts in Paymaster's Cafe....I ain't eatin cheap:cool:

I haven't looked in there very much.....once a week or so.

Need to get over there and get some ideas. Ramen noodles & boneless chicken is getting old. :rofl: Gotta see what ya got cooking lately.

Nimrod71

I saw a bottle of Varget at our LGS a few weeks ago, so I know some is out there, but finding more will be a hard hunt.

As for future ammo and component pricing, I believe we will see major increases as with everything else. Food prices, I believe, are going to go through the roof and this will push all other prices higher. My wife use to just fuss about going to Verizon, but now when she returns from the grocery store I here how much everything has gone up. She also said i will be eating more soda crackers and water since I have to feed Barnie premium dog food.

I wish I had bought more powder, bullets and primers two years ago when they were on sale. I expect powder to run around $30 to $40 lb., primers to run $40 to $50 per thousand, bullets I expect to go up at least 25%. These price increases want stop most reloaders and I believe we will survive. The problem I see is will we have enough money left after paying for food, fuel and power.

FlipKing

Academy has aluminum 9mm for $15 on their website right now. Limit 4 boxes, ship to home.

Reactions: Dub

Doog

I bought some small pistol primers from Midway last week or so for $75/1,000 + shipping + haz for about $100/1,000 to my door. The $99/1,000 price is about right.

Starting to see some stuff available and the prices are down a little.

I would think even at .30ish cpr for 9mm now, We'll need to almost half that again before we see small pistol primers at "stock up" prices.

lampern

ammunitiontogo (online site) has a bunch of Nobel Sport brand shotshells in stock.

Never used that brand but they are available

Last edited:

Rich M

I would think even at .30ish cpr for 9mm now, We'll need to almost half that again before we see small pistol primers at "stock up" prices.

I'm in a holding pattern as well. Not sure what I actually "need" but watching. Will likely buy some more 9mm ammo at some point.

Lilly001

Brantleys in Vadalia has a reasonable selection of rifle and some pistol ammo.
No .243 so I took the wife shopping in her store.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
shootersproshop.com has Nosler "blem" 9mm ammo on sale. 115gr JHP, 50 rnds. $21.95/box
Free shipping over $149

chuckdog

I was in Academy, Douglasville yesterday. They had a little ammo on their shelves. Most of what I saw was imported, Monarch I think, and white box Winchester.

I didn't expect to find any .22LR, but did pickup a two 250 rd boxes Aguila Super Extra. My built in calculator said $.08 ea/ $4/50 The only other in stock was a 300 rd box of Anniversary Winchester @ $35 ea. around $6/50

There was a four box limit, but I saw and spoke with others also searching for .22's I only picked up two. Met a nice fellow searching for decent .380 ammo. With his phone calculator in hand we managed to find brass cased 95 gr fmj at a price he could live with.

I hope actually seeing brass case .380 on the shelf @ around $25/box is a sign of better days ahead. I've tried to stay away from political news since the November selection injection. I know ignorance ain't bliss, but right now I think following politics will indeed lead to a stroke or heart attack.

The $40 - $50 designer batting gloves that were "on sale" and purchased @ around $30 made me feel a little better about the ammo prices.

This is why Grand Parents exist!

rosewood

This works for ammo also..

20210714_003117.jpg

Nimrod71

I just came from Brantley Marine in Vidalia and they had 40 cal. for $40 box of 50. They also had Remington and Winchester 270's.

Dub

I’m pleased with the score that arrived today.

A dozen steel 20rd M1A mags and some primers that’ll find their way into my AR’s & .44RemMags.

Stuff became available some time ago….now prices are coming down.

All will be well in the future if we can simply get the democraps & rinos booted out.

1B9D5F41-3567-448B-A40D-79D1993AD8A4.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Dub where did you get the M1A mags… I have been waiting it seems like forever for Checkmate to have some back in stock. I also want a small one.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Thanks! that link works :D
I think Springfield mags are rebranded Checkmate. I see they have a few Springfield...may just grab those.

edit:
you'll never believe it @Dub Check-Mate had them 20 rd $34.55 5 rd $27.82. Springfield buys from them..Stamps Springfield on them and re-parkerize them.
Can't tell you how long I have been on the wait list!

Last edited: