The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucfireman

Anyone used Red Barn Processing/Feather,Fin and Fur in Loganville lately ?
2 years ago, Had no issues. She did my mount about 20 years ago, still looks good.
She has been in business for a long time.
She opened a new store on 278 close to DNR headquarters too.
Had a sign out looking for help. like every where else.

transfixer

2 years ago, Had no issues. She did my mount about 20 years ago, still looks good.
She has been in business for a long time.
She opened a new store on 278 close to DNR headquarters too.
Had a sign out looking for help. like every where else.

Thanks, just looking for a good processor that isn't too far out of my way, they seem to be getting fewer in number, I hunt in Oglethorpe county, live in Douglasville, I can swing over to Loganville on my way home, I'll call them tomorrow and find out how they do things

ucfireman

Thanks, just looking for a good processor that isn't too far out of my way, they seem to be getting fewer in number, I hunt in Oglethorpe county, live in Douglasville, I can swing over to Loganville on my way home, I'll call them tomorrow and find out how they do things
If you drive I20 there is one I like, "Steve bishop" he is at 142 and 278. He debones everything and vacuum seals. Decent prices too.

transfixer

If you drive I20 there is one I like, "Steve bishop" he is at 142 and 278. He debones everything and vacuum seals. Decent prices too.

Thanks ! I'll check into it, I generally take 78/138 out of Athens, and get on/off at Conyers, I used to go out to Union point though, so its doable

nick_o_demus

I hunt in Taliafero but I use Holifiedls in Covington, GA and Apple Valley in Jefferson... They just know how to do it better IMO...

Holifields
2536 Hwy 81
Covington, GA 30016
770-788-1114

Apple Valley
5675 S Apple Valley Rd
Jefferson, GA 30549
706-335-9304

nds87

Thanks ! I'll check into it, I generally take 78/138 out of Athens, and get on/off at Conyers, I used to go out to Union point though, so its doable

Just letting y’all know that Steve moved down the road a little bit, he’s now further South down Highway 11. Just like 2.5 miles south of where he was.

Gator89

Cripple Creek Deer Processing on Highway 18 between Gordon and Gray is re-opening this weekend under new ownership.

Brant the former proprietor passed away due to covid back in 2020, so the business was closed last year.

My friend and former deer camp compadre, Jay Murchland, bought the property and is going into the deer processing business.

Get your big buck picture taken on the big rock overlooking the duck pond!

Jay can be reached at 770-560-3488.

Last edited:

billc

Cripple Creek Deer Processing on Highway 18 between Gordon and Gray is re-opening this weekend under new ownership.

Brant the former proprietor passed away due to covid back in 2020, so the business was closed last year.

My friend and former deer camp compadre, Jay Murchland, bought the property and is going into the deer processing business.

Phone # or email?
All I can find is FB page for old operation
Thanks

billc

Jay can be reached at 770-560-3488.
Just took an 8 point to them.
Very nice people.
I'm confident they will do an excellent job of processing

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Left my second buck at a processor just down the road from the sister in law. She called this week to check with them. They said her deer had ruined. I'll let her and her daughter spread the word if they want to. But to say the least, I'm disgusted. They wont see another deer coming from me.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Left my second buck at a processor just down the road from the sister in law. She called this week to check with them. They said her deer had ruined. I'll let her and her daughter spread the word if they want to. But to say the least, I'm disgusted. They wont see another deer coming from me.
Just curious but was this in an extended archery only? Its been a month since deer season ended Jan 9 so that would be a month that it had been there. Most places dont hold deer that long after the end of the season.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just curious but was this in an extended archery only? Its been a month since deer season ended Jan 9 so that would be a month that it had been there. Most places dont hold deer that long after the end of the season.

Last weekend of gun season

LGB

Banned
I’ll never forget the processor in mineral bluff stealing my doe and shutting down.

DNR was useless as **** on a bull about the entire ordeal.

seems I wasn’t the only one who filed a complaint but of course nothing happened.

Good riddance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts