The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrickman

Man that ain't good to hear. I guess I'll haul anything I'm fortunate enough to get up that way back down to Cornelia and cut it up at home. Getting hard to count on any processor from year to year these days up here. The ones that are stable and reliable fill up so fast you can't get anything in after about Thanksgiving, and stay so covered up with deer that they won't touch a hog anymore.

Man that ain't good to hear. I guess I'll haul anything I'm fortunate enough to get up that way back down to Cornelia and cut it up at home. Getting hard to count on any processor from year to year these days up here. The ones that are stable and reliable fill up so fast you can't get anything in after about Thanksgiving, and stay so covered up with deer that they won't touch a hog anymore.

Yea it's hard to find someone you can count on. I might have to figure out how to learn how to do it myself. I got a huge hog here too that i'm been tracking.. I could harvest him but again got no where to get it processed.

ucfireman

Can we get a "updated list" of processors that we know are still in service?
I know that can be challenging as some open/close every year.
I will call around to the ones I know and ask if they are still cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.