Dusty Roads

+McClure's Processing- Blairsville,GA,+
126 Wilson Rd
706-781-7205/5355
When full will not accept more so call.

Outstanding-starts at $80

Last edited:

HuntinDawg89

12 pages and I only see 1 recommendation for a processor in Meriwether County and that post is 10 years old. A lot can change in 10 years.

Looks like I may get to hunt some near Woodbury this season, and that's too far from my usual guy in Coweta, especially if the weather is hot. Any recommendations? Also, if you want to tell me who to avoid, that would be just as valuable.

Wifeshusband

Only two worth going to in West Georgia where I hunt:
Daffin's off River Road at Neill Dr. in Columbus - been there about 50 yrs, and;
Fuller's in Geneva Georgia, on Hwy 80 in Talbot County, been in
business at least 25 years. Both are family operated and since both
process hogs they are subject to state inspections. Never had bad
meat from either.

Last edited:

leroy

Seen where Pulliam deer processing outside Royston was closing up, they had some good Jerky

We are sharing this post to inform you that James’ Deer Cooler has closed. Thank you to all of our customers and friends for your loyal business. Your business has been very much appreciated and we will miss you. We would like to express a special thank you to James and Carol Pullien along with their long term staff for all their hard work and dedication over the past 30+ years!! ***Please Share***

buckmanmike

Taylor's Outdoor Advantage
Old Springvale Rd
Cuthbert, Ga

Been using Bobby for many years. Great service, clean processing area. Does it all, cut the way you want. Great summer and link sausage. Vacumn sealed, friendly people. Also does hogs. Google them for phone # and directions.

jimmy.444

Just heard that Huckabee's in Brooks is closed this season due to Covid 19
Might want to double check your processor is gonna be open.

ebryant

12 pages and I only see 1 recommendation for a processor in Meriwether County and that post is 10 years old. A lot can change in 10 years.

Looks like I may get to hunt some near Woodbury this season, and that's too far from my usual guy in Coweta, especially if the weather is hot. Any recommendations? Also, if you want to tell me who to avoid, that would be just as valuable.

Snelsons in Woodbury does a good job. Vacuum seals meat. 706-416-3118. Its on the corner of 109 and 85.

Anywhere around Macon/Twiggs area accepting donated deer for the hungry? We have a lot of does to take out this year and not quite enough folks needing meat!

RootConservative

Most of the deer processors will no longer take hogs. I understand the licensing is different. Anyone doing hogs in Dodge, Wilcox, Telfair, Ben Hill, Pulaski?

tetonbrandy

Steel Buffalo in Dawsonville, GA is the best one I have used in the state. The only one I have used in my life that is better is in Uvalde, TX. With that said, I have relocated away from Dawsonville to Oglthorpe county and I am in need of recommendations there. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.