The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulding County

West Georgia Deer Cooler & Processing
3511 Atlanta Hwy, Dallas
(770) 445-2928

These guys just confirmed they are open for 2019 from 10 am to 9 pm starting on 9/14

bighits4421

Any processors in the Cobb County / Cherokee County area? Neese's and Crane's closed. Tried Holloway's last year and the meat didn't taste right. I want to try a new place.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Who do you all use in Walton County?

I've always used Mr. Butcher right off 78 but saw another place closer to Loganville.

Thanks

I don’t know about the folks you mentioned in Loganville

Is there a problem with Mr Butcher?

huckhgh

I don’t know about the folks you mentioned in Loganville

Is there a problem with Mr Butcher?

No, he's very fast and the prices aren't bad to ground it.

I've just been wanting to try some some jerky without having to spend over $100 on it, especially if I don't like it.

Maybe I could have him do just a little bit of jerky and the rest in ground...

Do you know if he'll do that?

Thanks,

Huck

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
No, he's very fast and the prices aren't bad to ground it.

I've just been wanting to try some some jerky without having to spend over $100 on it, especially if I don't like it.

Maybe I could have him do just a little bit of jerky and the rest in ground...

Do you know if he'll do that?

Thanks,

Huck

No I don’t. I have used him before and was satisfied.

Any processors in the Cobb County / Cherokee County area? Neese's and Crane's closed. Tried Holloway's last year and the meat didn't taste right. I want to try a new place.

I used to use Neese too; they did a good job. Just got a deer back from Wilkes Meat Market in Cumming. Very friendly folks, neat and organized, good sized processing center. I do wish they vacuum packed, especially for burger, but I had a talk with the guy behind the counter and he acted like it might be an option for a little extra. Price was fair, $75.00 base. I only had a little doe so I didn't get a lot of meat, but I knew that going in.

Now I will say their smoked andouille sausage is amazing, and they will make that with your venison if you ask. Their meat counter is worth a visit whether or not you have a deer to turn in. Great prices and cuts I have never seen before, like an entire ribeye (like 25 lbs. worth).

Mackie889

Brooks County:

Dean’s Deer Processing
Downtown Pavo, Ga

Best processor I’ve used. Meat is vacuum packed and they even bring it out to the truck for you when picking up.

RamblinWreck

I used to use Neese too; they did a good job. Just got a deer back from Wilkes Meat Market in Cumming. Very friendly folks, neat and organized, good sized processing center. I do wish they vacuum packed, especially for burger, but I had a talk with the guy behind the counter and he acted like it might be an option for a little extra. Price was fair, $75.00 base. I only had a little doe so I didn't get a lot of meat, but I knew that going in.

Now I will say their smoked andouille sausage is amazing, and they will make that with your venison if you ask. Their meat counter is worth a visit whether or not you have a deer to turn in. Great prices and cuts I have never seen before, like an entire ribeye (like 25 lbs. worth).

Just dropped off 2 buck hindquarters to be made into smoked andouille at Wilkes based on your rec. Looks like they were doing gangbuster business, very busy.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Are there amy processors in douglas county?

BULL MOOSE

I used Deermasters just south of Chattanooga in Rossville to process 408 lbs of KY bucks last month. It is one of the cleanest places that I have been. Price was fair and meat was vacuum sealed. I would highly recommend them.

The worst and most unprofessional processor (for a variety of reasons) is in Cartersville. Last year, the guy threatened to throw away my son’s 8 pt rack and liked to use the f-word a lot when I picked up the deer. Guy is a complete bozo and definitely needs to be audited by the state of GA and the IRS for tax evasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.