The official "recommend" a Deer or Hog processor thread OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptKeith

Has anyone tried Snelson’s Venison Shop in Woodbury?

GSUQUAD

Cripple Creek on hwy 18 at the Jones Wilkinson line is closed this year. I am clueless on who to go to now.. any suggestions? I hunt Baldwin, not far from Gordon, Ivey, or Milledeville and pass through Jones on the way home.

fthrashe

Steel Buffalo in Dawsonville, GA is the best one I have used in the state. The only one I have used in my life that is better is in Uvalde, TX. With that said, I have relocated away from Dawsonville to Oglthorpe county and I am in need of recommendations there. Thanks
Greg's Meat Processing in Danielsville.

gatorboy

Dodge County - do to COVID concerns from his doctor Billy Joiner will not be processing deer this year. There is someone that will skin your deer and quarter it for you (they will dispose of the carcass). Call Judd (478)231-6349. He can direct you to the best processor that takes cooler meat.

Shadow11

Twin Oaks Processing
Between Lula and Homer, GA
Banks county

Picked my deer up today. Y'all can look at the pic and judge for yourself. I'm just happy someone was taking deer that day. Everyone else was full. These guys said they never get full, which is good to know.

I got the basic cut... couple roasts, tenderloins whole, cubed steak, and ground with fat added. The roasts are small and one has lots of ice in it. Lots of ice in the cubed steak also. May be fine, though.

They also gutted it and caped it. Total charge was 133 dollars, which is a little higher than expected, based on their sign. No big deal.

It's just good to know there's a place that can always take your deer.

Screenshot_2020-11-21-18-49-05.png

Shadow11

Twin Oaks Processing
Between Lula and Homer, GA
Banks county

Picked my deer up today. Y'all can look at the pic and judge for yourself. I'm just happy someone was taking deer that day. Everyone else was full. These guys said they never get full, which is good to know.

I got the basic cut... couple roasts, tenderloins whole, cubed steak, and ground with fat added. The roasts are small and one has lots of ice in it. Lots of ice in the cubed steak also. May be fine, though.

They also gutted it and caped it. Total charge was 133 dollars, which is a little higher than expected, based on their sign. No big deal.

It's just good to know there's a place that can always take your deer.

View attachment 1051376

I think I figured out the extra charge. I believe it was the added fat to the ground. I just thawed out a pack of ground in the microwave. Fried it with some onions. Very good taste. I'm happy with that.Screenshot_2020-11-21-19-33-58.png

Shipwrecked

Cripple Creek on hwy 18 at the Jones Wilkinson line is closed this year. I am clueless on who to go to now.. any suggestions? I hunt Baldwin, not far from Gordon, Ivey, or Milledeville and pass through Jones on the way home.
Wayside on Highway 11 just outside Gray.

EyesUp83

Any recommended place near Athens for Bear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts