The power of prayer

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
But. we are actually called to be witnesses, not apologetics.

You feel led to go and tell. But when your message falls on deaf ears, move on. That’s why you’ll see “apologetics” moving through here and on to somewhere else.

One plants, one waters.......
Very, VERY few people with Apologetic skills have ever been here.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Very, VERY few people with Apologetic skills have ever been here.
There’s a reason for that. Most don’t focus on apologetics at all. Most actually feel convicted of it - remember, we are called to witness.

Lack of apologetic skills, giving you testable information or, inability to answer your questions in the manner you deem acceptable doesn’t negate God / prayer in any fashion.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I see it as looking for someone who can explain their answers more clearly while including facts and evidence to back up the explanations rather than the same old guys saying the same old things which amount to nothing more than claims, assertions and excuses as to why none of it holds true when questioned and put to the test. Maybe someone new, maybe a veteran who has been able to add new information instead of the tired nonsensical answers.
I can agree with that view. The only problem is “evidence”.

Even with tangible evidence, there will always be those that need more.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There’s a reason for that. Most don’t focus on apologetics at all. Most actually feel convicted of it - remember, we are called to witness.

Lack of apologetic skills, giving you testable information or, inability to answer your questions in the manner you deem acceptable doesn’t negate God / prayer in any fashion.
Regarding #1
Then why come to an Apologetics forum and make excuses for not being an apologist?

It ABSOLUTELY does!
Lacking all of those absolutely gives the impression that No God Whatsoever is involved.
If a Christian is commanded by a God to go out and preach to gain followers...literally go and spread and word....would that god send people who lack the capabilities to do so either because of personal ability and or lack of actual evidence that is unquestionable or indisputable? Why send THAT person with no ability to answer without the abilities to provide evidence?
Both are examples of excuses that a human would give to try to make someone else believe something that is not true.
You are telling me the equivalent of a General sending untrained troops without a weapon or ammunition to conquer a region.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I can agree with that view. The only problem is “evidence”.

Even with tangible evidence, there will always be those that need more.
In your opinion would a God KNOW exactly what evidence it would take to change a persons mind?
In your opinion would a god send someone to do that job who is unqualified to do it?
In your opinion would a god provide the exact information necessary for the task at hand or allow for vague excuses that are suspect as evidence?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Regarding #1
Then why come to an Apologetics forum and make excuses for not being an apologist?

It ABSOLUTELY does!
Lacking all of those absolutely gives the impression that No God Whatsoever is involved.
If a Christian is commanded by a God to go out and preach to gain followers...literally go and spread and word....would that god send people who lack the capabilities to do so either because of personal ability and or lack of actual evidence that is unquestionable or indisputable? Why send THAT person with no ability to answer without the abilities to provide evidence?
Both are examples of excuses that a human would give to try to make someone else believe something that is not true.
You are telling me the equivalent of a General sending untrained troops without a weapon or ammunition to conquer a region.
#1 no excuses made. Just saying that apologetics is a man made thing. We witness, we will discuss, we will debate to an extent. But when it cones to spinning wheels with a few AA’s that’s already predetermined their thoughts, it’s pointless to keep having the same discussion. Get us some new atheists. The AA’s think that the “rules of evidence” are controlled by them only. They’re not the benchmark.
#2 you’re entitled to your impression.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
In your opinion would a God KNOW exactly what evidence it would take to change a persons mind?
In your opinion would a god send someone to do that job who is unqualified to do it?
In your opinion would a god provide the exact information necessary for the task at hand or allow for vague excuses that are suspect as evidence?
In my opinion, he knows. You’re evidence of people that he tells us about in the Bible ::ke:::ke:
Seriously, and I will play along - IF there is a deity out there, you honestly think YOU”RE going to lay out the rules of evidence that he must abide by in order to win you??

bullgator

Nobody on this earth really knows, ........and that’s why it’s called FAITH.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
#1 no excuses made. Just saying that apologetics is a man made thing. We witness, we will discuss, we will debate to an extent. But when it cones to spinning wheels with a few AA’s that’s already predetermined their thoughts, it’s pointless to keep having the same discussion. Get us some new atheists. The AA’s think that the “rules of evidence” are controlled by them only. They’re not the benchmark.
#2 you’re entitled to your impression.
Apologetics is a man made thing
....??
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3:15).

“faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17)

"18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18–20

Spotlite, you should know more about the religion that you pretend to speak for.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
In my opinion, he knows. You’re evidence of people that he tells us about in the Bible ::ke:::ke:
Seriously, and I will play along - IF there is a deity out there, you honestly think YOU”RE going to lay out the rules of evidence that he must abide by in order to win you??

I don't lay out the rules of evidence. There is either sufficient evidence or there is not. If your god is unable to provide sufficient evidence then it is not worthy of my acknowledgment let alone worship. Limited capabilities negates any god claims.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Apologetics is a man made thing
....??
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear" (1 Peter 3:15).

“faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17)

"18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18–20

Spotlite, you should know more about the religion that you pretend to speak for.
Dust your feet ....?

(It’s important to use the proper version - it’s give an answer, not defense)
We can’t help it that you don’t line the answers given.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't lay out the rules of evidence. There is either sufficient evidence or there is not. If your god is unable to provide sufficient evidence then it is not worthy of my acknowledgment let alone worship. Limited capabilities negates any god claims.
You sound convincing. That’s a good enough reason that you should be enjoying the outdoors instead of constantly searching to see if you’ve overlooked anything. :cheers:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Dust your feet ....?

(It’s important to use the proper version - it’s give an answer, but defense)
Whats a good religious book without contradictions?
Tim:
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Whats a good religious book without contradictions?
Tim:
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
That has nothing to do with debating??

I can tell you that you’re wrong (rebuke, etc) and not debate you. See - you’re just wrong.

What one considers a contradiction, others see as lack of understanding.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You sound convincing. That’s a good enough reason that you should be enjoying the outdoors instead of constantly searching to see if you’ve overlooked anything. :cheers:
I can Multi Task

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That has nothing to do with debating??

I can tell you that you’re wrong (rebuke, etc) and not debate you. See - you’re just wrong.

What one considers a contradiction, others see as lack of understanding.
It has everything to do with your Dust your feet comment.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Dust your feet ....?

(It’s important to use the proper version - it’s give an answer, not defense)
We can’t help it that you don’t line the answers given.
If the answers given were truthful, it would not matter whether or not I like them, they would be without refute, which they are not and why I do not like them...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If the answers given were truthful, it would not matter whether or not I like them, they would be without refute, which they are not and why I do not like them...
True statement bullet. Now, regardless if the Bible is true or false, if you’ve actually spent much time studying it from cover to cover - then you’d know how it works. You’d know that the God of that story is the only one that can convince you of himself. To keep searching tells me that you’re not sure if it’s real or not, all I’m asking you to do is not to discard it until you know for sure.

Questions are ok, but when the questions go directly against how the Bible works, it sends a signal that the one asking hadn’t studied what he’s debunking. Or, he’d know not to be asking those things. Reminds me of the kid in shop class that supposedly knew everything about tractors - he asked where do you keep the tires for the dozier.

Last edited: