The real fallout begins....

Thread starter #1

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
The aviation industry has suffered mightily in this pandemic. With the MaxJet debacle and the pandemic driving aircraft order cancellations industry giant Boeing is teetering. Regional airlines TransState and Compass, who flew as American Eagle and Delta Connection, have both ceased operations permanently. Our home town regional airline Express Jet is ceasing operations. United was their last contract generating revenue. This will be the largest Airline failure to date. Word is one of the majors is likely to fall before the economy recovers. It will be a bleak winter for the airline industry and their partners. Solutions and economic recovery needs to happen soon or a mighty industry will be a skeleton of what it was.

https://airlinegeeks.com/2020/07/30/united-nixes-long-time-expressjet-regional-contract/

You shouldn't worry. Think of all of those used aircraft that will be sold off during the various bankruptcy proceedings. Some new folks will start up new airlines - with used equipment - with underpaid new cockpit crews - with ground crews unfamiliar with the equipment - with limited experience among the mechanics - and with a desperate need to cut corners.

What could possibly go wrong?!

NOTNKSNEMOR

A lot of Boeing's problems began years ago and were self inflicted.
They dismissed Airbus as a serious competitor early on and were quick to jump on the global partnering band wagon to catch up.
They gave up a lot proprietary technology in the name "risk sharing".
Most notable was "Side of Body" (how the wings are joined to the fuselage) technology that was off shored to Kawasaki Heavy Industry.
Same thing got them in trouble with the Max.

Thread starter #4

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
You shouldn't worry. Think of all of those used aircraft that will be sold off during the various bankruptcy proceedings. Some new folks will start up new airlines - with used equipment - with underpaid new cockpit crews - with ground crews unfamiliar with the equipment - with limited experience among the mechanics - and with a desperate need to cut corners.

What could possibly go wrong?!
The other upside is beer can production cost should drop. Lots of metal headed for the scrap pile.

Even our forum COVID experts should understand this cart.

047BB4E4-65E2-473B-A7CE-B853D03ED381.png
CFA1F2F7-1798-4735-8FD7-3DB8FF5C48D4.jpeg

Thread starter #5

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
A lot of Boeing's problems began years ago and were self inflicted.
They dismissed Airbus as a serious competitor early on and were quick to jump on the global partnering band wagon to catch up.
They gave up a lot proprietary technology in the name "risk sharing".
Most notable was "Side of Body" (how the wings are joined to the fuselage) technology that was off shored to Kawasaki Heavy Industry.
Same thing got them in trouble with the Max.
Much truth in what you say.
Airbus is suffering as well.
I don’t think there’s an A380 left flying, as the market dwindled the giant became unmarketable. I was working a project recently and one international airline was offering its entire A380 fleet for sale cheap.

Thread starter #9

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
We could all pitch in , buy a few aircraft. Start our own airline -GON R WAYS
I always wanted to be a fly boy. There's gotta be an app
Pulled pork for inflight catering, this is a sure thing.

pjciii

I think Delta was the only one positioned to make it thru this mess. My fear would be the government bailout of united or american as essential service that would hurt Delta's reemergence from the pandemic. Delta is well run from a financial standpoint, but i was able to walk away yesterday.

Patrick

Thread starter #13

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
I think Delta was the only one positioned to make it thru this mess. My fear would be the government bailout of united or american as essential service that would hurt Delta's reemergence from the pandemic. Delta is well run from a financial standpoint, but i was able to walk away yesterday.

Patrick
I’m glad you had an escape mechanism, so many at regionals won’t have that.

Delta’s 40 million per day loss sounds huge until you hear 100 million per day. We‘re getting close to talking real money here.

Last edited:
Thread starter #17

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
All passengers will be issued a parachute upon boarding!:biggrin2:
I’m thinking first class drinks from mason jars.

We best get @MudDucker and @elfiii working on our letters of incorporation before someone steals our idea.

turkeykirk

I’m thinking first class drinks from mason jars.

We best get @MudDucker and @elfiii working on our letters of incorporation before someone steals our idea.
Does that include giving the pilot a mason jar?:rofl:

Thread starter #20

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Does that include giving the pilot a mason jar?:rofl:
Works for me. For years folks saw the gals taking the pilots their meals on the overseas carriers. Often, rolled in that napkin was one of them little bottles of wine. :bounce: