The "Spirit" bow w squirrel #10...

SELFBOW

First of the season w The Spirit bow. Mike says he only shot two squirrels w it. I'm gonna try to beat that...

photo IMG_20160821_182026453_zpsuh6tquhs.jpg

Last edited:

Todd Cook

For any of you who may not know, the spirit bow is a special bow made several years ago by Gene Sanders and donated to the TBG. Each year a new person is awarded the bow to hunt with for a year. The previous years recipient decides who to pass it on to.

Mike Mathis has had it for a year( and was quite successful with it). And now it goes to Martin. The idea is to pass it to someone who will hunt with it. This is no target bow, but a hunting weapon that has been in some deadly hands. I have no doubt Martin will do it justice.

SELFBOW

This is year 16 for this bow. Jeff Roberts(tradbow) was the first to have it in 2000.

Chris Ward had it in 2007 but I don't have his full story. Last three years counting backwards is Mike, Dendy and Jeff Hampton.

Any info anyone has please send to tbgnewsletter2016@gmail.com

Barebowyer

Well done. Great start. Looking forward to the lineup....

sawtooth

I wish I'd done a better job with it when I had it. I killed an armadillo- that's it. If it ever gets my turn again I'm gonna try for 20animals/year again.

AllAmerican

Feeling the "Spirit"

This motivated me to break out my Mantis Classic for squirrels, got this bow at live auction last banquet 2015, I'm back in love with it, and I also have a Monty Browning donated Selway slide on quiver on it. Thanks for sharing the "Spirit". Mike put together an awesome book.

62", 53#@27", B50 Flemish, had Big Jim put on a real nice beaver tail grip on it (not pictured).

Fun bow. Had a good time with it at Clybel today. No squirrels to show for it.:D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,368

Barebowyer

Good looking stick there!!!! Go thump a couple and share the pics!!!

SELFBOW

Was able to slip close to this one in the rain....
#2 right in the pocket... I shoot this bow well.

photo IMG_20160914_093625068_zpsjjctq42n.jpg

dm/wolfskin

See there Dendy, if I kill one that's makes Martin go out and kill one. Motivation. I've got a neighbor two houses down that keeps bring home cats from the animal shelter. Another neighbor told me yesterday that she had 9. My squirrels out back has become slim.facepalm: Keep it going Martin.:banana:

sawtooth

See there Dendy, if I kill one that's makes Martin go out and kill one. Motivation. I've got a neighbor two houses down that keeps bring home cats from the animal shelter. Another neighbor told me yesterday that she had 9. My squirrels out back has become slim.facepalm: Keep it going Martin.:banana:

There is a bright side to everything. Before long you can start thumping cats. See? it's all good!!

Nice shot on that thing Martin. How many you trying to get? What's the "bold prediction" this time?

Barebowyer

LOL to Dendy's comment. Good shooting Martin. You drilled him!

Hunting 4 Him

There is a bright side to everything. Before long you can start thumping cats. See? it's all good!!

Nice shot on that thing Martin. How many you trying to get? What's the "bold prediction" this time?

Martin likes cats...he just can't eat a whole one!

Latest posts