The stones….save em? I Found a strange one!

Blackston

So I’m a huge fan of Fred Eichler(everything Eichler guy)…. I think that’s his name. Anywho he showed us (on TV)how to get the stones out of a Turkey gizzard. A lot of folks save them as trophies. Seeing them in a glass tube like display was really neatIMHO. Maybe we can have stone count contest in the Turkey challenge too!
IF you save them, show em off! I’d love to see them! I most certainly plan to save mine when I get a bird!
Well I wouldn’t hold my breath that this bottle will get full , but I saw this and thought it was really cool ….So I found an ol bottle that came out of Shipyard creek in Chatham county

Attachments

• 6C7B8FB3-7809-40B7-A225-703A70FA6C54.jpeg
    6C7B8FB3-7809-40B7-A225-703A70FA6C54.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 47

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Well I wouldn’t hold my breath that this bottle will get full , but I saw this and thought it was really cool ….So I found an ol bottle that came out of Shipyard creek in Chatham county
I may have gotten ahead of myself, but I Picked up a lil 3 pk of glass bottles I saw at the store the other day. Anywho that is how you start! I LOVE IT and another congrats on opening day success!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Got to start somewhere ! Get lil man hooked on turkey hunting and he’ll fill it up

Blackston

Got to start somewhere ! Get lil man hooked on turkey hunting and he’ll fill it up
He decided to sleep in this morning ( I decided I’d never “ make “ him go ) He was happy but a little salty that he wasn’t there

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice! Newfound treasure! :rockon: Not sure why Barley came to mind on those seeds. Dunno:huh:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
When I was putting my Turkey stones in the little jars, I found one kind of strange…almost like a bone? My first bird was a little bigger and had more stones then the second and this one ……any ideas?

42FCADD4-3712-4730-863F-22953BB7A172.jpegBACB12C3-2732-443C-A52D-74D301112F7E.jpegA36B0008-B104-4E38-A23C-CD8A2B2318B9.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

Gaswamp

interesting but not enough to make me want to save them

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I've never saved them, do check the crawls to see what they eat. This year it was dandelions, clover, grasshoppers and tadpoles

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I've never saved them, do check the crawls to see what they eat. This year it was dandelions, clover, grasshoppers and tadpoles
I wondered if they’d eat them tadpoles! Looked like some great eating for a turkey bird!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team