The straw finally broke the camel's back.

ringorock

If I got five cents for every time I said, "that's the last time I'm going to a gun show," I'd have around a quarter. But today, today! Today was the last time I ever went to a gun show. I went to the RK show today with my son. We paid $24. $24 too much. At least a quarter of the show was without vendors. Of those vendors, there were vendors for homemade soap and essential oils, balance bracelets (what the heck), beef jerky, three home improvement stands, a fur shop (admittingly cool), and a few other businesses that had no business being at a gun show.

I grabbed a GA Carry membership, so my annual rate was doubled because of the entry fee.

Huff puff

madsam

My family went to the gun show in Perry. I liked it for the most part.
I found good prices on ammo . The guns at most booths where way over normal market value. I talking $30- $80 over what the local gun store sales them for.
Seem that would be a venue to be a little cheaper than your competitor.

Cmp1

BANNED
I used to go with my Dad to gun shows,,,,many years ago,,,,he always found something good,,,,

specialk

I like to go and see if i can pick out the undercover atf agents....

zedex

Gator Bait
I like to go and see if i can pick out the undercover atf agents....
They'll be the ones dressed just like their highly visible unmarked cars.... solid colors, no accents and dark tinted glasses

Redbow

Some of them you can pick out pretty easily...They have the Colonel Flagg mentality..

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
If I got five cents for every time I said, "that's the last time I'm going to a gun show," I'd have around a quarter. But today, today! Today was the last time I ever went to a gun show. I went to the RK show today with my son. We paid $24. $24 too much. At least a quarter of the show was without vendors. Of those vendors, there were vendors for homemade soap and essential oils, balance bracelets (what the heck), beef jerky, three home improvement stands, a fur shop (admittingly cool), and a few other businesses that had no business being at a gun show.

I grabbed a GA Carry membership, so my annual rate was doubled because of the entry fee.

Huff puff

Come on now, we've heard all this before.

TimBray

Went to one at Lawrenceville Fairgrounds a couple months ago after having not gone to one in over a year. Tagged along with my daughter and SIL and really had no intention of buying anything. Instead came home with an M&P Shield 9mm and a Mossberg shotgun that I got really good deals on.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
No more gun shows for me either. Hadn't been to one in years and I've found better deals in Middle Georgia pawn and gun shops anyway and didn't have to pay admission.

QuailJunkie

Agreed. Totally done with the gun shows. Been to a hundred of them. Never found a good deal except ga arms ammo. And the street peddlers with the garbage is just old

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Never been to a gun show.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Went to one In Houston Texas about 10 years ago. Pretty good show. Was a Sunday. You could tell the cops working the door and clearing weapons as people entered were gun nuts they were oooh and aaah as they checked the guns out.

I think everyone that dated a stripper in Houston brought her there that day. Good times ??

And yes there was an old dude dressed like a mountain man selling beef jerky ?

Bought my first magpul magazine that day

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The innerwebs is a 24/7/365 gun show. The only time you have to go somewhere is the meet and greet to sell/buy the gun you want.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Unfortunately gun shows are a lot better when you have a Democrat in the White House. I have a friend that traveled the South East to gun shows every weekend selling optics for AR's and making a good living at it. About 3 months after Trump was elected he had to fold up shop and is now selling advertising

Darien1

I used to go to every gun show in my area if I could. The last one in Macon pretty much changed me. I was in and out in 15 minutes and I checked out every table. No one was there. My son and I go to the HUGE gun show that runs in Tulsa, Ok. every April and November. If you walk in front of every table you would have walked 6 miles by the time you get finished. Everyone who ever liked gunshows should give it a go. It's not a bad drive and can be done in a day if you don't mess around.

Big7

The Oracle
I'm thinking of marketing essential gun oils. Some ideas for scents - Impeachment Panic..........Boogaloo- better buy two.......... Manbuns for Bernie............ Commie Caramel Cosmoline.

Dude that had a pawn shop here folded a few months ago. He was high and right next to the best gun store/indoor range I know of.

Anyhooo... I was in there hoping to get some good deals on his last stock of long guns (like I need another one?) blah, blah...

He told me he was doing OK but not great in the pawn business so, he was going to take most of his money and open. CBD store. I thought not much of it.

I walked into a new CBD store a couple of weeks ago not even thinking about a purchase.

I see how they make their money. Tiny size eye dropper size bottles were $120.00 to start. Some were upwards of $200.00 bucks. A few even had traceable amounts of THC in them.

PS.... I ain't been to a gun show in 10 or more years. They used to be good places to buy. Especially mil- surp if you know what to look for. I also haven't bought a "used" gun in about that same length of time. Elite Gun and Pawn in Conyers have been taking real good care of me the last few years. I spend enough money in there, they all know my name and treat me (and my money?) like a king.

Don't think I'll be going to another gun show. I do love beef jerky tho...