The world is in a fix

Israel

BANNED
No doubt some of you are thinking, "what, should we stop the presses?"..."old news old man..."

But I couldn't help see such "waking up" to a disease. And now, with many severe holiday warnings to not congregate, not visit...there's a response of being willing to "shoulder the risk" as one headline reads ..."Mom's worth it..." as reason in part for a travel surge.

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-...rus-pandemic-a772e18d0142756b32c26d7cf2110d33

What a quandary for many, regardless of where one finds one's self in regard to "the pandemic"...whether one is all in for conspiracy, all in that this is a dread plague, or some blend along the lines of that spectrum. Like HIV, there's a peculiar hallmark provoking consideration.

HIV itself...when finally investigated to a known mechanism showed this, that the virus itself...did not actually kill anyone. (I am aware this line of reasoning could also exculpate every bullet ever fired at another, one can easily say "he did not actually die from the bullet, but from hemorrhage, or displaced brain matter, disruption of heart or lung function, even consequent sepsis"...etc)

All that is needed...is a breach in the wall of defense...that's all, lowering T cells will have a man die of things a healthy baby tolerates.

Biological life is such a precise balance and interplay of systems, chemical reactions, electrical impulses (which are both attributable and contribute-able to such molecular/chemical reactions) that, as David Berlinski once said in the regard of discovering origins of "it"...all our understanding only opens to a greater knowledge of unknowns, so that the more and faster we pursue...the speedier is the flight away from us of understanding. But of this he seems sure (and who would not agree, at least philosophically?) that the knowing only and always gives birth to more questions than answers.

Life.

For us who believe...is not merely intricate, but decidedly unfathomable, yet coming with an invitation to know Him. At the first it could seem the beyond absurd proposition, till we begin...then we see and rejoice in a wisdom imparted of grace...how that we are only made fit for the inexhaustible riches in Christ that are always new...for nothing cankers a soul like presumption or the consequent cynicism it engenders.

God...our God...though even if fully knowing of Himself (as the only fully self sustaining and self knowing)...well, here I can only ask...

Has the spirit ever given any testimony... that He is bored...or boring?
It seems paradox...no?

How could One who alone and indeed "knows all"...not be?

We have never known such a person!

One might even here surmise this glorious wonder is itself source for pursuit...for He is...that glorious wonder.

Life.

Not a form of it, not even an expression of it...but the true and only substance.

LOL. We bring out calculators and apply numbers consistent with what we know (or believe we do) and say "there's only one "chance" in a (insert seemingly huge number) that all these things could coincide to bring upon earth life as we know it" Tilt the earth a fraction of a degree or whatever change in solar distances would totally disrupt...and bingo..."nothing here to bring out a calculator." Nothing here to even consider...life. And we may think ourselves wise or clever.

We may think we approach some proof of God...as proof for life...but there's the strange (to that mind) testimony...that proof for life (or reason for life) falls in every way short of the reasoning of life that is found only through Jesus Christ. Life..."needs" no reason to be. The only sure matter is the reasoning of life. That alone can ever satisfy our quest in the reason "for"...

That person's reasoning(s).

And O! how full of all reason is He! So full in truth...He finds in Himself no shame to making Himself reasonable...toward us, with us, for us. Nor...does He get weary with us...we...who are not God. Take a look! Do you find Him sighing? Not looking directly...at you? Even if there be any sense of discomfort His gaze may bring...would you prefer it not be...your experience? To find Him...not knowing you?

Not...seeing?

John fell as dead when meeting those eyes...that visage. How interesting! He knew this is the one upon whose breast he once lay his head...yet...O! but there's something to be seen that never was seen thus. His eyes were opened in the fiercely brilliant looking of another upon Him. Open now to Whom, and of what nature that "other" is. The substance revealed...The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

The very One of whom he testifed:

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

But now in appearance before him as that very One "from the beginning"...preceding John's own handling and touching...has such a profound effect...to fall as one dead.

Think about that for a moment...the sight of, the revelation of that which is from the beginning...preceding any and all of the "me"...finishes the "me"...I am done, I am finished, no need for me to be, do, "my" work is complete...in all seeking to apprehend...to gain, to acquire...to know. The revelation of Him...is the end of me, even as it is my beginning...all my "why's?"...not merely answered...but so clearly manifest as not only fulfilled...but now, unnecessary.

Simeon the seer:

Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying: “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.”

Paul also knew in whatever manner he did.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Paul was no longer looking for, nor at "Jesus of Nazareth." No, not that this cast any doubt upon the incarnation...but in all, only magnified the marvelous and wonderful nature of it. That...."My O! my, He was made willing to appear like that!" I can never plumb the depths of that...(Paul who also wrote of bodies of humiliation) could not wrap his own mind around it...and was never released from his need to know that one thing "Christ and Him crucified" among men. All else paled, no, was considered rubbish in comparison...even those things once thought of, and could still be (if allowed) to "advantage".

Yes, it is good to accept wholesome words and testimony...but, may the Lord help us to not casually handle all that is said here...even if there be a tendency to "wax rapturously" about so deep a passion...

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

We can say "who said that?" and answer..."well Paul did." But the place that forbids me for saying any more "about it" as though I could question any other to it...is the very place I face it.

No, to Paul the ramifications were all too plain. (Are they to me?)

For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.

No need to explain, describe, recount, relate as though unknown...what was done to that Jesus of Nazareth on that hill outside Jerusalem. (and even all before that ascent to its dome)

Yes, the world is in a fix. Multitudes multitudes in the valley of decision...even not knowing the decisions made have ramifications far beyond all their calculations for making them.

Do I go visit mom...because she is so alone...yet might I discover I am the one who brought death to her door? I can't bear the thought of her being alone...but that very "unbearability" (for me) could be the very impetus...in seeking to discharge, be free of, resolve...that could...kill her. Here motives break down...for there will be no comfort to be found in "I was just trying to help!". Am I presumptuous merely...just rebelling at fear? "D*** the torpedoes! full speed ahead"?

Paul knew to what he was "enlisting" others, or better...what was being worked through him to their conscription. He knew he could not bear it of himself, or make himself "equal to such a task". Nevertheless...he knew. And discovered who alone could make him equal...to such a task.

In faith is liberty. In faith are many cautions. Even many...rebukes. Each stripe ministered becomes precious...for they testify of a love "from the beginning".

A brother recently spoke of the necessity of testimony citing;

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;

Which is true and faithful. But there is a third part of that verse that a faithful brother once received in psalm...that cannot be neglected

and they loved not their lives unto the death.

As he received it as from the Lord, freely, to be freely (always given)...he did in such words as:

"to be a two thirds over-comer...is to be three thirds overcome."

The peculiar "hallmark" of this pandemic...is its virulence that cannot be considered always deadly...nor even always manifestly present...(requiring testing).
As someone in Meme stated in regards to the possible exposure perils of vaccine..."For a disease that has only a slight mortality rate, and that requires testing to even know if one has it"...yet...in striking without rhyme or reason to age and state of health (usually) and all other factors now "up for grabs"...each it kills...is 100% dead.

I neglect that third part of that verse "and they loved not their lives even unto death" at only my own peril. It is the conclusive test...despite any symptoms I may have of speaking of the blood of the Lamb in the word of my testimony.

Last edited:

Spineyman

Make no mistake about it, But God who sits in the Heavens laughs, He will hold them in derision. Here is the truth of the matter.

God the Refuge of His People and Conqueror of the Nations
Psalm 46
46 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

7 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

8 Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!