there is no end to the usurpation

Thread starter #1

hawglips

Our Government's rejection of the Constitution is what's killing us.

They mandate a "cure" that does more damage than the malady they say they are going to "cure " us of.

They take away our insurance in order to force us into a more heavily government controlled situation - claiming that it's for our own good.

They impose tariffs that create the need for more taxes on top of tariffs to help the chosen ones that are harmed by the tariffs, causing economic damage to those who are not the chosen ones.

We have a potent flu virus show up, and they shut down huge swaths of the economy, doing untold damage to peoples' livelihoods and futures, and then tax us more to pretend they are doing something to alleviate the suffering they are causing.

In the name of doing something, they now seek to control everyone's movements.

And we all just sit back and take it. We ain't got the right stuff. Maybe if we lose the McDonalds on every corner, the two cars in the driveway and the flat screen TV we will take notice.

They are doing no such thing. What they have done is request everybody to cooperate with the protocol. This isn't about civil liberties right now. It's about saving thousands of lives.

I don't understand how an intelligent individual can look at what is going on all over the globe and still come up with some Deep State Libertaw conspiracy. There will be plenty of time for discussion after this is over and if that doesn't work there's always boogaloo time.

Lilly001

If you look at this with a critical eye you quickly understand that most of these rules being applied are local/state in origin. You also see that VOLUNTARY compliance is the only way it's happening. There are not enough cops to enforce theses rules unless the majority buys in.
My concern is the talk of changing or suspending existing laws that safeguard our freedoms. These other rules are just temporary steps.
The problems will manifest if this goes on for months.

I don't understand how an intelligent individual can look at what is going on all over the globe and still come up with some Deep State Libertaw conspiracy. There will be plenty of time for discussion after this is over and if that doesn't work there's always boogaloo time.

We have a pretty balanced group here.

One wing says there is nothing going on and it is all a put up by the they to get more power and stuff and we should either ignore it or take down the .Gov for its audacity.

Another wind says that this is the end, the sky is falling, .Gov ain't doing enough to save mankind, etc.

Fortunately the largest percentage of members here are somewhere well away from the two extremes, they just don't post a lot. Someone once called folks like this the silent majority.

MudDucker

Staff member
We have a pretty balanced group here.

One wing says there is nothing going on and it is all a put up by the they to get more power and stuff and we should either ignore it or take down the .Gov for its audacity.

Another wind says that this is the end, the sky is falling, .Gov ain't doing enough to save mankind, etc.

Fortunately the largest percentage of members here are somewhere well away from the two extremes, they just don't post a lot. Someone once called folks like this the silent majority.
I'm just ticked that Amazon has held up my decoder ring and my stainless steel, the sky is falling, umbrella. The pain in real!

Thread starter #7

hawglips

They are doing no such thing. What they have done is request everybody to cooperate with the protocol. This isn't about civil liberties right now. It's about saving thousands of lives.

They are idiots. They have no regard for the Constitution, and in the name of saving lives are killing the economy, jobs, careers and lives. Nothing about conspiracy. Nancy Pelosi's knee-jerk bill should leave no doubt in anyone's minds what they think and what they are all about.

On the 1-10 threat to America scale:

COVID 19 .... 2
Government response to COVID 19 .... 6

Balrog

Our Government's rejection of the Constitution is what's killing us.

They mandate a "cure" that does more damage than the malady they say they are going to "cure " us of.

They take away our insurance in order to force us into a more heavily government controlled situation - claiming that it's for our own good.

They impose tariffs that create the need for more taxes on top of tariffs to help the chosen ones that are harmed by the tariffs, causing economic damage to those who are not the chosen ones.

We have a potent flu virus show up, and they shut down huge swaths of the economy, doing untold damage to peoples' livelihoods and futures, and then tax us more to pretend they are doing something to alleviate the suffering they are causing.

And we all just sit back and take it. We ain't got the right stuff. Maybe if we lose the McDonalds on every corner, the two cars in the driveway and the flat screen TV we will take notice.

Well, I guess I am not seeing what you are talking about.

Denton

I'm concerned about constitutional breaches, but I haven't seen them yet. If this goes on for a year we can certainly get to that point.

Democrats absolutely overplayed their hand to shove every conceivable "employee help" policy they could think of into law. They also twiddled their thumbs waiting on a republican bill so when they had a problem with it they were the ones holding up aid, not the republicans. They were terrible strategists this month regardless of your thoughts on the policies themselves, which are ridiculous right now too.

MudDucker

Staff member
Trump has been the most careful President that I've ever seen in his use of his emergency powers. He has also given the State's the power to execute their plan with fed funding.

Now, I've seen some states, California being the prime example and some cities, NYC and Atlanta, where I think the elected officials have either exceeded their constitutional powers or they are skating close to the edge.

Understand, I believe that in times of emergencies and solely for so long as the emergency is happening, most government units have extraordinary authority to handle and/or mitigate the emergency conditions. The test is how long it lasts after the emergency.

My decoder ring only has one function, it tells when to squeeze after I stick my finger in it.

To the OP. Most folks are all about standing up for their liberties and not being a subject until it’s time to do it. Then they tell we need to cooperate.

Put another way, asa friend of mine here reminded me recently, everybody wants to be a gangster until it’s time to do gangster stuff.

Thread starter #15

hawglips

Well, I guess I am not seeing what you are talking about.
The government's "cure" is MUCH worse than the threat of the malady could ever be. That was clear and apparent from day one.

Now, as predicted, the "cure" has killed the economy, peoples' livelihoods, their businesses their well-being and more.

The response to the threat is classic government mandated idiocy.

Thread starter #17

hawglips

Thread starter #18

hawglips

Thread starter #20

hawglips

I am asking you- how is the government cure worse than the virus?
ALL the damage being done to the economy, jobs, livelihoods etc have been done by government mandate and media hysteria, NOT by the virus. ALL of it. 100%.