Thermal Scopes

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I have a Berring Optics(Hogster) my wife bought me for our anniversary last June. I’ve killed 2 pigs with it so far. My son has ran off with it and took over the place i have permission to hunt as well. He has killed over 25 pigs and a few coyotes and bobcats so far. Maybe I’ll get to use it before too long. So far no issues and the only complaint is that it eats the CR123 batteries fast and I probably need the external batter pack but he videos everything so that’s probably why he runs through batteries
Get a couple pairs of 800mah cr123a batteries to swap back and forth. $30 and be done.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Thanks. Any particular brand/setup you like.? I have several devices that use those & they get expensive!
Not really. I bought dulex brand 700mah and they've maybe lost 20% in 4 years. I think most of them are good for 500 charges or so. I would look for 800 mah if i was gonna get new though.

sghoghunter

I have a Berring Optics(Hogster) my wife bought me for our anniversary last June. I’ve killed 2 pigs with it so far. My son has ran off with it and took over the place i have permission to hunt as well. He has killed over 25 pigs and a few coyotes and bobcats so far. Maybe I’ll get to use it before too long. So far no issues and the only complaint is that it eats the CR123 batteries fast and I probably need the external batter pack but he videos everything so that’s probably why he runs through batteries

This is what I bought for mine. With this extender it uses two 16650 batteries

Attachments

• IMG_1755.png
    IMG_1755.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 4

billc

I bought a Pulsar Trail XQ50LRF in February of 2019 from Outdoor Legacy; great customer service. After the warranty expired the range finder quit working. OL gave me the contact info for Sellmark who responded to my email the same day. I was told to do a default factory reset which worked but only for a few weeks and it was gone again. Not a big deal, most of my hunts are less than 150 yards. Then I noticed that every time I checked my zero it was off by 2 to 4", never the same direction. I use a hand warmer cut in half and can usually put a 3-shot group inside 3/4" at 100 yards on a good day. I again emailed Sellmark who suggested it could be loose scope to mount or mount to rifle. This is what it acted like but everything was tight and secure. They said they would recalibrate it and recoil test it. It's mounted on a heavy barrel 223 so recoil is not an issue. They gave me an RMA and I sent it in. They emailed me that it was received on April 5 and on then again of April 11 stated that their Inspection Dept had it. Nothing received since then over the last 5 weeks.
I had heard rumors of the Trail models having shifting POI. I don't think 2 to 4" is acceptable and won't hunt with it unless they can fix it. Right now it's a $4500 paperweight. If they can't fix it to be reliable I'm not sure what brand I'll replace it with. Have not seen any bad reviews of the Thermions and I would like a 640 model but I don't think I can risk another Pulsar.IMG_3066.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3051 2.jpg
    IMG_3051 2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 0

sleepr71

That’s a big POI shift. Was it a one time shift..like going from cold weather..to hot weather..or..is it randomly shifting,like a loose reticle.? Either way..for that kind of money..they should stand behind it,and guarantee the repair,or replace the whole unit!

ditchdoc24

I bought a Pulsar RXQ30V in 2020 and it's been steadily killing hogs since then. It's mounted on a AR-10 in .308 and works like a charm. Haven't had a single problem with it. Battery life with CR123s sucks but I run an external battery pack and that lasts a long time.

billc

That’s a big POI shift. Was it a one time shift..like going from cold weather..to hot weather..or..is it randomly shifting,like a loose reticle.? Either way..for that kind of money..they should stand behind it,and guarantee the repair,or replace the whole unit!
Every time I check zero now it has changed. One attached pic shows it shifted 2" left, the other is about 4" high and 2" right. Usually about 2", always different. I normally check when it's cold so the hand warmer shows up in the scope. No large temperature changes. I hope they stand behind their product but it's been 5 weeks now.