They’re still out!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Good to know
Im gonna give it a final try on Saturday.

Sautee Ridgerunner

Doubt theyre gonna lay down much at all this winter except for pregnant sows. Theyre absolutely enormous right now. Very excited for a pile of big cub litters this spring!

splatek

UAEC
Yeah all my pictures are nighttime. I guess they’ve been hunted hard. No reason to leave the laurel/Ivy unless necessary or under the cloak of darkness
Just a guess

splatek

UAEC
I don't know why but they love those cameras. I lost 7 this year. I'll be building or buying boxes before I put any more out. I even had one climb a 3ft diameter popular about 10 ft to get to it.

I lost three or four. One has video of the camera in the bears mouth. I’ll try to find that. i think they’re curious, but you’d think with human scent they would avoid them. I also had one tear into a window on my BB ground blind thats set Up on a private piece.

tree cutter 08

They are destructive critters. I've seen them ruin a vehicle. Got lucky last year, had one stand up and walk all the way around my truck. Had muddy prints on every pannel. Lucky he didn't put a scratch on it. Was only gone 15 minutes.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I had a camera carried off by something twice never to be found again.. Might have been a bear, might have been a 2 legged critter- who knows. I’m pretty sure that a bear bites first, then decides if it wants to eat ?

Sautee Ridgerunner

They know the difference between live and dead scent. A few years ago a buddy of mine had one climb 20 feet up into his loc on stand to destroy it on multiple occasions.

I had a ton get chewed on or licked this year but didnt lose a single one for the first time ever. Had one rip one off the tree but then he just dropped it right there. Still works perfectly. Nearly all my wildgames have tooth marks in em.

goshenmountainman

I had a camera carried off by something twice never to be found again.. Might have been a bear, might have been a 2 legged critter- who knows. I’m pretty sure that a bear bites first, then decides if it wants to eat ?
If its a bear there will be some evidence, scratches, hairs on the bark and tracks in the leaves. I have lost a bunch of them over the years, always a little evidence around.