Thieves on the prowl

sinclair1

I just read Hyundai cheaped out and didn’t use chipped keys. The thugs figured out you can steal the oldschool way by jamming a screw driver in there.
Better park that Hyundai in the garage if you’re a joneses with one of those fancy garages.

Toliver

This dog probably won't get the same support unless he claims to be the victim of domestic violence and did it to escape a life of misery.

bassboy1

I just read Hyundai cheaped out and didn’t use chipped keys. The thugs figured out you can steal the oldschool way by jamming a screw driver in there.
Better park that Hyundai in the garage if you’re a joneses with one of those fancy garages.
If it's one with the Theta engine, probably best to keep it insured and let the thief deal with the inevitable rod knock.

jNick

Them fancy highfalutin garage owning city folk don’t drive Hyundais.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I saw one of those 30 second videos the other day of a guy stealing a Kia.

They just bust the plastic collar off the steering column with a flat head screwdriver, pry away the pot metal collar around the ignition switch and stick the screwdriver in the slot and twist it to crank.

You could probably do it in under 10 seconds.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
And again.

I wonder how much of this can be attributed to liberal DAs not prosecuting some crimes?

Police responded around 12:30 a.m. about a car break-in off to Vineyard Drive in southeast Atlanta. The victim said he saw a young man trying to break into his mother’s car.

The victim said the suspect started shooting at him and he returned fire. The man got into the passenger side of a white SUV nearby. Someone inside the SUV fired more shots toward the victim, who once again shot back.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
And another one...

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga — A total of 16 cars were broken into early Thursday morning by five teenagers, according to the Dunwoody Police Department.

Dunwoody police officers arrived at an active car break-in in the parking lot of Peachford Hospital. Once police arrived, the teens ran away.

The teens were found climbing the fence behind a business and eventually arrested, according to police.