Things to do while in Chicago

Baroque Brass

The above headline scrolled across our Alexa gadget. First, I ain’t going to Chicago but if I had to be there, here’s what I’d do:

Avoid being in Chicago ever again
Make sure I was secure in my motel room before dark
Take measures to not be mugged/robbed/ murdered
Leave ASAP

Why would anyone voluntarily be in Chicago?

campboy

went up there for a wedding. went to a Cubs game and saw the air show. ain't never goin back

Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle
I used to go there a lot for business before I retired.

There is a lot to do and see there. The Museum of Science and Industry was a big draw for me. So were the "Chicago Beef Sandwich".

I'm not sure I would go back now because a certain demographic ruined one of America's great cities.

Last time I went was 2011 and downtown was still pretty clean and safe.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Had to do a trade show there once. Thank goodness we had a limo that took us where we needed to go. Had a GREAT steak at The Erie Cafe. After dinner the limo took us for a ride to sight see some landmarks like Wrigley Field and stuff. I know for a fact I'll never go back.

transfixer

the great Lewis Grizzard said he was once held hostage in Chicago for a few years, back when he was a sportswriter, i figure if he didn't like the city way back then, there is absolutely zero reason for me to ever want to go there, especially now that it is basically a war zone !

oldfella1962

I used to go there a lot for business before I retired.

There is a lot to do and see there. The Museum of Science and Industry was a big draw for me. So were the "Chicago Beef Sandwich".

I'm not sure I would go back now because a certain demographic ruined one of America's great cities.

Last time I went was 2011 and downtown was still pretty clean and safe.
I lived the first 12 or so years of my life near Chicago but only went into the actual city for school field trips for the most part. There may have been 500+ homicides per year back then, but I don't remember. Regardless I have no desire to ever return. My elderly neighbor is Polish and grew up there, and the neighborhood she lived in was primarily Polish. The last time she went there she said there was a major demographic shift in her old neighborhood, to say the least. :(

oldfella1962

They would lock u up forever if you hurt one of Obama’s beloved sons.
And if you hurt one of Obama's beloved sons, they would lose several Democratic votes in future elections.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The one time I was ever in Chicago, the only thing I wanted to do was leave Chicago.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
You couldn't melt me down and pour me into Chicago.

Or any other metro area.

I have ZERO reason to ever step foot in a big city. 54 years old, and if you added up all the days I've spent in them you'd get a few days change back out of a month.

I sure don't figger I've missed out on anything, either.