Think I'm going muzzleloader all season!

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good luck! When it comes right down to it a muzzleloader is my favorite weapon for deer hunting but I haven't made the season long commitment....yet.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Good luck, Little Brother. I`m betting you will do well.

LittleDrummerBoy

I've done that a few times. Killed lots of deer with a muzzleloader over the years. John First Deer.jpg

frankwright

If you have good eye sight a traditional muzzleloader is not a big disadvantage unless you like to shoot 200 yards and need multiple shots.
I like to muzzleloader hunt too but old eyes keep my traditional muzzleloader shots to 50 yards or less. I can shoot twice that with a scoped inline but I like traditional better.
Good Luck!

Darkhorse

I've done the "only muzzleloader" thing many times over the years. You just have to commit yourself to it, for good or bad. If you just have to kill a deer every year then it's probably not for you.
As it is I hunt with a flintlock probably 85% or more of the season anyway, if I don't have it with me I miss checking my prime.
There are just sometimes you need to shoot a scoped rifle to be effective. I no longer have a problem doing that. That's when my .308 Tikka w/Zeiss scope gets the nod.
Keep the wind in your face and you will do well.