Think Pink! *Finished pictures added*

longbowdave1

I'm experimenting with a Pink Camo riser which has alternating layers of pink and black, with black glass. This is the first time that I saw this color was available. This ones going to be a youth 48" R/D longbow. Got a string for it with pink and black strands, and some pink and black cat whiskers too.

I'll try to get it done this week since I have some free time in the evenings. My plan to return to shooting the longbow this week is shutdown due to nasty weather. Minus 2 degrees this morning, and 6 degrees with 25MPH winds right now. Minus 7 forecasted for tomorrow night! :banginghe This weeks weather is not much better for sanding on bows, than it is for shooting them..... :D

Attachments

• Pink Cam 48 inch  longbow 1 001.jpg
    Pink Cam 48 inch longbow 1 001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 713
  • Pink Cam 48 inch  longbow 1 002.jpg
    Pink Cam 48 inch longbow 1 002.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Some little girls gonna be happy.

longbowdave1

Thanks Jason and Gurn. I pulled the bow out of the oven this afternoon and stripped it from the form. After a bit of sanding in the frigid shop, she's starting to take shape, and show some colors. After wiping the bow down with a damp rag to lift the dust, that pink and black are going to be a good color combo.

I'll string her up after dinner, set the rough tiller, and it will be time to shape the riser tomorrow .

Attachments

• 48 inch pinlk camo 2 001.jpg
    48 inch pinlk camo 2 001.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 593
  • 48 inch pinlk camo 2 002.jpg
    48 inch pinlk camo 2 002.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 600

TNGIRL

That's gonna be special for some young lady!!!! Thanks for your kindness and generosity! Merry Christmas!!!:bounce:

longbowdave1

Thanks David and Tomi and Merry Chrismas to you also. Got a good bit of shaping and sanding done tonight. She's starting to take shape now.

Attachments

• 48 inch pink camo 3 001.jpg
    48 inch pink camo 3 001.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 509

longbowdave1

Thank you gents!

I finished sanding the little bow tonight. It's off to the spray booth tomorow.:cool:

longbowdave1

Thanks Tony. Just sprayed coat number three on the bow, few more to go and it will be finito!

I also have white Phenloic tip overlays on this one, looks like a classic old bow. My string man Barry, only had Pink string materials in Fast Flight stuff. Not that a twenty bow will cut into the glass, but the phenolic will make it last for ever. Just a few finish touches on the bow tomorrow, and it will be out into the snow for some finished pictures.

longbowdave1

It's been a cold week working on the little bow out in the shop, but it was a nice project. Put the finishing touches on the bow this morning, and got her out in the cold and snow for a few pictures. That "Hot Pink" started melting the snow...... LOL

There are't many colors that go well with pink, but I think the pink/black theme worked well together. :pop:

Attachments

• 48 inch Pink Camo Complete 011.jpg
    48 inch Pink Camo Complete 011.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 48 inch Pink Camo Complete 010.jpg
    48 inch Pink Camo Complete 010.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 401
  • 48 inch Pink Camo Complete 009.jpg
    48 inch Pink Camo Complete 009.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 48 inch Pink Camo Complete 008.jpg
    48 inch Pink Camo Complete 008.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 398
  • 48 inch Pink Camo Complete 013.jpg
    48 inch Pink Camo Complete 013.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 417

Jayin J

Your sure do make it look easy. It turned out nice. Good job Dave.

PassingThrough

I love the white accents Dave. That is a winner for sure. Someone is going to fall in love with that one! You do great work!

TNGIRL

That's a sweet sweet little bow!!! you'll make a little lady happy with that one!!!:cool:

longbowdave1

Thanks you friends, glad you like it. I think in the future I may make a ladies bow in the same color scheme.

Latest posts