THIS HAPPENED!

strothershwacker

After posting my "what happened" thread, I received a lot of encouragement & even had a couple guys give me a call. Like sawtooth said I dusted my chaps off & climbed back in the tree this afternoon. After about an hour I heard the very slow walk, the unmistakable muffled crunch of acorns and there he was. The way this tree is, I position the stand to put the deer on my left. After talking deer anatomy with Buck Ernst, I had a new view on quartering toward me shots. Remembering the "how to shoot a deer" thread I aimed low with expectations of sinking my Zwickey into the sweet spot tween the shoulder and the brisket. At bout 14 yards he received an Eskimo right in the boiler room! Thanks to everyone that's been with me on this trad journey! What a gift! Again, my only trad regret is not starting sooner!Screenshot_20200915-212742_Gallery.jpg

strothershwacker

After posting my "what happened" thread, I received a lot of encouragement & even had a couple guys give me a call. Like sawtooth said I dusted my chaps off & climbed back in the tree this afternoon. After about an hour I heard the very slow walk, the unmistakable muffled crunch of acorns and there he was. The way this tree is, I position the stand to put the deer on my left. After talking deer anatomy with Buck Ernst, I had a new view on quartering toward me shots. Remembering the "how to shoot a deer" thread I aimed low with expectations of sinking my Zwickey into the sweet spot tween the shoulder and the brisket. At bout 14 yards he received an Eskimo right in the boiler room! Thanks to everyone that's been with me on this trad journey! What a gift! Again, my only trad regret is not starting sooner!View attachment 1038907

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-214103_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-214103_Gallery.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 94