This is killin Me!!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
After dipping for over 30 years, ain't had a dip of snuff since Friday afternoon.
Can some if you ex dippers tell me when the cravings will lessen?!
I've flat been chewing some gum & Lifesavers!
Have Mercy!! :biggrin3:

Lilly001

Dip is a disgusting habit. Or so I’ve been told. Many times.facepalm:

bear claw

bearded driveler
I havent had a dip in 2 years and at times I still get a strong craving. Hang it there I was eating peppermints like a madman when I first quit.

baddave

i had gum surgery on both sides of my lower gum and still kept dipping for a few years. but not trying to be depressing but it took me over 4-5 yrs to really shake it . sunflower seeds helped me tremendously.. good luck and be strong

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I havent had a dip in 2 years and at times I still get a strong craving. Hang it there I was eating peppermints like a madman when I first quit.
i had gum surgery on both sides of my lower gum and still kept dipping for a few years. but not trying to be depressing but it took me over 4-5 yrs to really shake it . sunflower seeds helped me tremendously.. good luck and be strong
Desk drawer in my office.
Screenshot_20200511-145547_Gallery.jpg

Doghunter11

Only dipped for a couple years but I quit by chewing gum. I just started putting the gum in my lip in place of a dip. I found the craving for me was mostly just having something there with flavor. Sunflowers helped also but after eating them non stop a couple days I decided they were worse on your mouth than a dip

Cool Hand Luke

Tried to quit many times and also wish I had never picked it up. Been on the pouches for quite a while. Hang in there man, I can't do it but you can!!!

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I quit using the patch and pain in my throat swallowing. After a year and eight months..the cravings had subsided but never went away. I started back when the wife had a medical scare. Results may vary but my cravings never left. The fake dip helps but if you’re around other people dipping..it’s rough. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
A lot of my colleagues dip.
My gums receding is what spurred me to quit.
I'm hoping the cravings will eventually subside or at least ease up.
They subside but never totally go away. Or that's the way it's been for me and I quit dipping and chewing 15 years ago.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think I could quit smoking a lot easier than I could quit dipping.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think I could quit smoking a lot easier than I could quit dipping.

Keep after it, you want to be there when the little girl in the red dress finally brings your grandchild home. Hang in there!

turkeykirk

I thought I wanted to dip and chew until I was playing baseball in high school and dived in the outfield trying to catch a baseball. Swallowed the tobacco chew, juice and all. Didn’t take long for me to turn “green around the gills”.:rofl:

Buck70

I quit January 1, 2017. I started dipping snuff when I was 14. I used snuff for 36 years. I quit by setting a date and 6 weeks before that date started using all different brands of snuff. That helped when the quitting date came because in 36 years I only dipped a certain brand of snuff with no flavoring. All the other brands just weren't the same. I should note that I had tried to quit 3 previous times. If you don't quit now, don't give up on quitting.