This is killin Me!!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
For you that have quit, do you ever get to the point where you're not chewing gum & eating candy all the time?

furtaker

For you that have quit, do you ever get to the point where you're not chewing gum & eating candy all the time?
Yes. I chewed bubble gum and sunflower seeds when I quit but I never had to use them very long. I quit using them pretty quickly after I quit tobacco.

Core Lokt

EE444- I'm sorry that you went through than man. That had to be tough. My respect for you is high. My dad is my hero too. I still have him but his health is not good, heart issues. I don't know if I could do what you did with your dad. Pick his body up and place him on the stretcher. Wow.

Thanks for that story and God Bless brother.

I pray that I can quit and pray for those trying and doing so.

SC Hunter

I had a good friend die in February from cancer in his gums and jaw that later spread all over him. He dipped from the age of 12 to 44 when he found out he had cancer. He left behind a wife and a now 6 year old boy. Watching him go through that is enough to make anybody not want to dip or chew tobacco.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Did you make through week 6?

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
After dipping for over 30 years, ain't had a dip of snuff since Friday afternoon.
Can some if you ex dippers tell me when the cravings will lessen?!
I've flat been chewing some gum & Lifesavers!
Have Mercy!! :biggrin3:

Good for brother! Stick with it. I ain't had one in almost 7 years. The urge goes away. I promise.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I haven't had acid reflux once since I quit. Not sure if that's a motivator for you but.. You can also get fake stuff at Wal-Mart that helps a little. Smoky Mountain I think it was. Stick with it!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
How much weight have you lost in the last 6 weeks?

You been eating that rocket fuel to crank up your metabolism?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Ha! If anything I've probably gained.

You probably will because your metabolism is slowing down because it doesn't have all that nicotine juicing it up. Keep the good fight going. You're almost over the hump. You'll still get the urges but they will be less frequent as time goes by.

When I quit smoking I put on about 45 lbs and blew up like a nickel balloon. I've lost 28 pounds and I've broke 200 a couple times in a row. I got to get my weight down to 180. The good news is I'm past the urges to smoke again.

Don't give in. Keep going!