This little group of bunnies makes 55 so far this month.

Thread starter #1

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Crossed between a red New Zealand buck and a red / white broken New Zealand doe. Looks like it’s going to be 7 reds and 3 broken in this bunch.

3 more does with the same cross due next week. Looks like it’s going to be a plentiful season for the meat rabbits.

This one was a little weird, she had her babies before she pulled hair. I put them in the chick brooder to give her time to build her nest. She’s got it going on now.
B3CFD295-A514-4CF6-A6B2-1E782A53D0D3.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s pretty cool ! I’m with hillbilly though , I couldn’t kill them . And I love me some fried rabbit .

pjciii

Crossed between a red New Zealand buck and a red / white broken New Zealand doe. Looks like it’s going to be 7 reds and 3 broken in this bunch.

3 more does with the same cross due next week. Looks like it’s going to be a plentiful season for the meat rabbits.

This one was a little weird, she had her babies before she pulled hair. I put them in the chick brooder to give her time to build her nest. She’s got it going on now.
View attachment 1141993
You old softie.

Thread starter #4

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That’s pretty cool ! I’m with hillbilly though , I couldn’t kill them . And I love me some fried rabbit .
Nothing like a good ole rabbit killing day. My problem is I’ll have about 20 ready to kill during the same week as 40 meat chickens.

I’ll have a little help this first round. Teenage boys from church want to have a rabbit fry soon and they’ve offered to help.

Thread starter #7

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Meat just keeps on arriving!! New Zealand meat rabbits. Brooder is slam full of Cornish rock meat chicks and Rhode Island Red chicks. RIR’s always hit the market to pay the feed bill. Come on May 15th, it all ends and running jugs for catfish begins. Fall it’ll be time to kill the hogs, lambs and calf. Going to put that walk in cooler and new processing room to work!!! FA45E0A6-21FB-4658-B8F6-7618FF8FC848.jpeg 29CECDF6-75B7-4865-AC98-C8ED480377C2.jpeg D717DC44-C4C8-4BC1-8276-098E519E03AC.jpeg