This morning on the tuck.

flyrod444

IMG_20190511_092224363-680x510.jpgHad a guide trip today so I drove down to the dh section of the tuck to check conditions at 6:50 am. Water was low and clear but raining. Talked to clients and they decided to cancel trip due to rain. I decided heck with the rain conditions were just right. Started fishing around 7:00 am and stopped around 11:00 when thunder sounded near. Caught over 40 with nymphs using my 10' 3 wt using my style euro nymphing. Switched to streamers to fish down stream to my car and picked up another 10 or so. Had a couple big fish on that just came unhooked. I did land this nice fat 16" brown. The 10' 3 wt is a bit soft when setting the hook on streamers. The best thing about today is I had the whole dh section to my self. It didn't get muddy until after 11:00 today. All in all a great morning even if I did get damp.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That was great trip. I would’ve fished too

Meriwether Mike

Fish still bite in the rain. Nice work on the tight line nymphing. Will be floating the Tuck on Saturday.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It
Fish still bite in the rain. Nice work on the tight line nymphing. Will be floating the Tuck on Saturday.
It may still be really high and muddy, hope not. We got two days of solid very heavy rain. The pigeon below my house (next river east of the tuck) is still half flooded.

flyrod444

Floated tuck today, clients could fish very well and they boated between 40 and 50 fish on nymphs and streamers. One of my best trips this year with clients. Caught 4 over 18". It is a little high to Wade but fished well from a boat.