This Morning's Matinee: Biscuitzilla vs. Megabelly and Dachsundra

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was hongry this morning, and in a good mood. So, I decided to make a biscuit. Yes, you heard that right. Not some biscuits, A biscuit.
I made a whole batch of biscuit dough, and formed it into one biscuit about the size of a cast-iron frying pan.

Yes, that is a regular sized biscuit pan, and yes, I also noticed that it's time to clean my oven:

giantbiscuit1.jpg

All done:

giantbiscuit2.jpg

Well, maybe not quite done-let's put about half a stick of butter on there:

giantbiscuit3.jpg

A Big biscuit needs something to go inside it. How about four slices of thick-cut bacon, two eggs, and a couple slices of cheese?

bacon.jpg

giantbiscuit4.jpg

I got all that stuff stuffed inside there, and the pic doesn't do it justice- this sucker pretty much covered the whole paper plate: :oops:

giantbiscuit5.jpg

I needed some help fighting this monster, so I called in my lil short, fat, elongated buddy. We finally whupped it, but it left its mark on us.

arlo2.jpg

That was fun, but I don't know if I'll try that again. :oops:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure that’s a way to start the day. Would need a nap after that. Not a problem for Arlo I’m sure.
No, he managed quite well. :bounce:

Geffellz18

Man, does that biscuitzilla bring back some memories!
Awhile back the wife and I were in Vegas and ended up at a place called Terribles for their breakfast. Wife ordered buscuits & gravy. The waiter asked 3-4 times if she was sure that’s what she wanted-She continued to say she did so he said-OoooK, you got it!
When it came out, we understood the reason for the repeated asks!
That thing was the size of the whole plate-probably 10” and had about 2-3lbs of country gravy on it!
Was Gewt though!
Couldn’t polish it off though even with my help.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
My mom used to make a giant biscuit when we were kids. But she cut it up like a pie and buttered each slice.

That thing of yours looks awesome!! I'd be like Arlo too!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That gives a whole new meaning to the term “Breakfast Sammidge”! :rofl: :rockon:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well done.

Much respect.

Thankfully no gravy was involved. Sausage gravy makes me want to hurl.
I love the taste of sausage gravy, but I don't care for the texture and wet, soggy biscuits. I can make mean sausage gravy, but I'm the only one in my family that doesn't love to eat it on biscuits. Wet, soggy food just generally ain't my thing.