This virus has ruined three years of PTSD therepy for me!

Thread starter #1
It's taken me three years of counseling, group sessions and seeing a shrink to start relaxing my guard. Now Corona has validated all my fears and survival behaviors. I suffer from a PTSD symptom called hyper awareness. In other words after combat my brain stayed in survival mode for over 27 years. I was starting to chill out, leave the gun at home, stop patrolling the perimeter of my house and yard every night but the fear of Corona has messed me up again. Thanks China for making me crazy again! Corona makes me realize I was right to view civilians as ignorant and to not trust anyone! Well enough of that I've got some wire to string and a fighting position to dig in Mamma's flower bed.

Last edited:

Dutch

My PTSD keeps me warm at night.

Its not as bad as it was, I still have bad days especially between January and March.

As my therapist and my Dad (Nam Vet) told me...Some days you ride the dragon, other days its rides you.

And I never leave home, nor not have a firearm close to hand.

I think I have some form of it. Doc and I have discussed it. I’m on ambien to help me sleep (Insomnia) but if I’m wound up enough it just puts me in a mental fog wide awake like right now
But it helps keep the dead people I’ve seen not come sit on the bed and talk to me/state at me while I’m sleeping so it ain’t all bad
Weird how for 20 plus years nothing bothered me then I started having visitors at night.

kmckinnie

Staff member
We have split multi personalities !
And we know it ! No telling what brings out one of us from time to time. We all are very efficient With weapons. Some of us like other weapons more than others.
Enough about us for now. We want to hear more about y’all.

Don’t forget the Manikens,(holding toy guns)that you place in front of the blinds...they make nice distractions👽When you get some free time..dig tunnels from under the house to the Outbuildings! Crossfire is a wonderful thing😊 I’m sure you already have the 8-10 security cameras mounted so you have a 360 coverage🤷‍♀️

Thread starter #8
I think I have some form of it. Doc and I have discussed it. I’m on ambien to help me sleep (Insomnia) but if I’m wound up enough it just puts me in a mental fog wide awake like right now
But it helps keep the dead people I’ve seen not come sit on the bed and talk to me/state at me while I’m sleeping so it ain’t all bad
Weird how for 20 plus years nothing bothered me then I started having visitors at night.
Are you recently retired? PTSD often gets worse with age especially after retirement.

In PTSD classes at the VA they strongly warn against using drugs and alcohol to numb PTSD symptoms. Many of the PTSD vets I have meet in the mental unit have serious problems with alcohol and drugs.
Yes I know. The VA says a lot of things that are not necessarily so. I do not trust the VA.

Be careful with that Ambien. Look into Tamazipam 30 mg. Safer and works for me.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
It's taken me three years of counseling, group sessions and seeing a shrink to start relaxing my guard. Now Corona has validated all my fears and survival behaviors. I suffer from a PTSD symptom called hyper awareness. In other words after combat my brain stayed in survival mode for over 27 years. I was starting to chill out, leave the gun at home, stop patrolling the perimeter of my house and yard every night but the fear of Corona has messed me up again. Thanks China for making me crazy again! Corona makes me realize I was right to view civilians as ignorant and to not trust anyone! Well enough of that I've got some wire to string and a fighting position to dig in Mamma's flower bed.
1st - GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

2nd - Hang in there buddy it’s a tough time for everyone, and I know this affects you more!

3rd - Prayers for you and your family as you battle PTSD and COVID-19!

4th - 10,000 - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND TELL ALL YOUR BUDDIES THANK YOU FROM RACKMASTER!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Most Vets with PTSD never get diagnosed or treated. Many become alcoholics thus the broken marriages, arrest records, loss of jobs, etc.
You are exactly right. I am a Vietnam vet and you go and try to talk to guys I know that are having problems and some do not want to hear it. I have a guy that hunts with me and I tried to talk with him and it was not until he ended up in the back seat of a patrol car did he start to listen. I think that the newer , younger vets suffer from not only PTSD but some suffer with traumatic brain injury’s that are not identified and the VA can be real good or real bad depending on your health care provider. I just had my primary healthcare provider retire and he was an idiot . The new doctor is a young Hispanic kid that is concerned and is just what I needed . The old one told me I didn’t need to go to mental health people cause all they would do is give me drugs . I can honestly say that I have been helped the clown that retired was just that a clown.