this weekend

ellaville hunter

i am going to a wma camping this fri and sat night it will be cold is what they are saying. any help how how to stay some what warm in the tent

30 06

take a generator and plug in an electric heater.
I'll be camping at High Falls this weekend in a camper as long as the power stays on. Good luck and happy camping

Rich Kaminski

Get a 5 gal propane tank and buy a heating element that attaches to it. Put it on low. You will be toasty warm. Just make sure it does not get knocked over.

30 06

Did not think about the infrared attachment that hooks up to a 20lb tank, that would keep you toasty just don't know about the ventilation I'm thinking it puts off carbon dioxide you would have to keep tent well ventilated and also keep away from combustibles.
It's going to be cold this weekend for sure

swashmore

Tent set up

Set your tent up inside a motel room close to the wma to ensure warmth :bounce:
otherwise get the Mr. Buddy Heater - It is safe to use inside a tent and has a low oxygen shutoff. Have fun!

Mr. Green Jeans

I'm thinking it puts off carbon dioxide

Worse... carbon monoxide. The new ones have oxygen sensors for safety, but the old tank-top ones are dangerous in enclosed spaces.

A good sleeping bag is all you need.

Don't forget a ground pad. Plan on wearing long johns and socks.

I am going camping Friday, too. In case I need it, I am bringing a 40oF lightweight bag to use as a liner inside of my 20oF bag.

30 06

I have plenty of fire wood and all packed and ready to head out to HighFalls. Hope everyone has a good weekend camping and stays warm and safe

greene_dawg

I second the good sleeping bag suggestion. If one is rated to 20 degrees it means its good to about 30... A thermarest matress helps too. I have a 15 degree Marmot tressels bag that I've yet to get cold in...