Thomas/Grady county

joedublin

We're about the last ones in SW Georgia here in Whigham to have the deer go in rut. It's just about ready to bust wide open in the next week or so.

Pointpuller

They have turned on in South Grady. Had a mature 8pt. Friday pm at 12yds. He never quite gave it up to the recurve. Had 2 chases this morning. Saw 3 young bucks and 7 does.

joedublin

lefty...any movement up there in Grady County...planning to be there for the last week of the season......Joe

southGAlefty

Been kinda slow since the heat hit. Was seeing good chasing right up until Christmas Eve. My neighbor killed a pretty good 8 I had pictures of on Christmas morning. I'm still seeing does but the buck sightings have gone down the last couple days. Cold snap will help.

dblnranch

Kinda slow in Whigham..

...this was the only thing coming in close to a buddy's stand last night who hunts near Whigham. Yup, a kind fellow member parked under his stand.

We'll the rut sure must be about in full swing because the yahoo hunters have rolled into town!

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 934

Mako22

BANNED
...this was the only thing coming in close to a buddy's stand last night who hunts near Whigham. Yup, a kind fellow member parked under his stand.

We'll the rut sure must be about in full swing because the yahoo hunters have rolled into town!

Really you sure there isn't more to this story?

southGAlefty

Anybody still grinding it out? I had a couple new bucks show up on camera on one of my places the week of Christmas, no daylight pictures though. I will be spending the last week of the season on that place hoping one of them slips up.

Mako22

BANNED
Anybody still grinding it out? I had a couple new bucks show up on camera on one of my places the week of Christmas, no daylight pictures though. I will be spending the last week of the season on that place hoping one of them slips up.

Some big bucks still being seen and shot near Whigham

joedublin

I'll be up there in Whigham for this last try at snaggin' that big 10 point that I've been chasing for the past 3 years. Wish me luck !

sevenmag

Killed a good one between Whigham and Cairo on the 19th, wasn't stinking or anything. It has slowed down alot since.

TripleD

how did folks make out in this cold weather? Didn't see much during the day but cameras showed some bucks at night of course....same old story, right?