Those Darn Crappie Round Two

Snichols1

Made it out again today and had a really decent day. Now, figuring out what to do today took a bit of doing. Look like the preference today was minnows and several also caught on a Brush Pile 2 inch baby shad color monkey milk. All I caught today were around docks around 8 to 15 foot depth. The photo is my personal best at 2.4 lbs a bit over 16”. This one was on a minnow free lined.

Attachments

• F7D5C566-522A-4E68-AF9C-D8440CCD1DD5.jpeg
    F7D5C566-522A-4E68-AF9C-D8440CCD1DD5.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 24

RamblinWreck

Nice going! Lanier?

Just finished filleting a small mess from Oconee today. Some tough dock shooting with the lake so full; I think I lost 13 jigs today. The color wasn't as important as the size. Jiffy Jigs ruled today, the jelly body skips much better than a BGBS. The 2" BG Slab Slayers skip great, but if you hit anything the tail fouls on the hook. I got a humbling demonstration from a friend who is a much better shooter than I - on the same exact rods. We earned our fish today. Biggest ones was 1.70 lb 15" female full of eggs - released. I only kept fish in the 11" to 13" slot - my personal choice. A couple were big males in full dark colors. I'll see if I can get a pic up.

Snichols1

Nice going! Lanier?

Just finished filleting a small mess from Oconee today. Some tough dock shooting with the lake so full; I think I lost 13 jigs today. The color wasn't as important as the size. Jiffy Jigs ruled today, the jelly body skips much better than a BGBS. The 2" BG Slab Slayers skip great, but if you hit anything the tail fouls on the hook. I got a humbling demonstration from a friend who is a much better shooter than I - on the same exact rods. We earned our fish today. Biggest ones was 1.70 lb 15" female full of eggs - released. I only kept fish in the 11" to 13" slot - my personal choice. A couple were big males in full dark colors. I'll see if I can get a pic up.
You did great also! Yes, this was on Lanier.

Latest posts