Those So-called Controversial Calls For Georgia

DAWG1419

I know people all the time want to blame the calls and personnel injured when they don’t win , and sure there are bad calls that effect out comes of games but most of the time the calls even their self out . Bad calls and injuries are part of the game which ever team over comes what is thrown at it wins . The Dawgs have just been able to do that as of late. I’m sure one day ol Lady Luck will run off on us , but until then I’m going smile and Injoy the ride, it’s been along time coming.
We have been on the losing side many a time. This side is better.

Last edited:

ddavis1120

Does not apply. A hand is not the same as your foot or other body part that can establish "in bounds"

If you spun around backwards in the air, caught a ball on the sideline and slapped a hand down in bounds, it would not be a completion.
I suggest you take a novel approach; if you don't know what the heck you're talking about, research the matter before opining.

ARTICLE 3.
  1. To catch a ball means that a player:
    1. Secures control of a live ball in flight before the ball touches the ground, and
    2. Touches the ground in bounds with any part of his body, and then
    3. Maintains control of the ball long enough to enable him to perform an act common to the game, i.e., long enough to pitch or hand the ball, advance it, avoid or ward off an opponent, etc., and
    4. Satisfies paragraphs b, c, and d below.
  2. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. This is also required for a player attempting to make a catch at the sideline and going to the ground out of bounds. If he loses control of the ball which then touches the ground before he regains control, it is not a catch. If he regains control inbounds prior to the ball touching the ground it is a catch.
  3. If the player loses control of the ball while simultaneously touching the ground with any part of his body, or if there is doubt that the acts were simultaneous, it is not a catch. If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball, even if it touches the ground, will not be considered loss of possession; he must lose control of the ball in order for there to be a loss of possession

weagle

I suggest you take a novel approach; if you don't know what the heck you're talking about, research the matter before opining.

ARTICLE 3.
  1. To catch a ball means that a player:
    1. Secures control of a live ball in flight before the ball touches the ground, and
    2. Touches the ground in bounds with any part of his body, and then
    3. Maintains control of the ball long enough to enable him to perform an act common to the game, i.e., long enough to pitch or hand the ball, advance it, avoid or ward off an opponent, etc., and
    4. Satisfies paragraphs b, c, and d below.
  2. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent) he must maintain complete and continuous control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. This is also required for a player attempting to make a catch at the sideline and going to the ground out of bounds. If he loses control of the ball which then touches the ground before he regains control, it is not a catch. If he regains control inbounds prior to the ball touching the ground it is a catch.
  3. If the player loses control of the ball while simultaneously touching the ground with any part of his body, or if there is doubt that the acts were simultaneous, it is not a catch. If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball, even if it touches the ground, will not be considered loss of possession; he must lose control of the ball in order for there to be a loss of possession
You are correct. Overturn was correct. Freak play by a freakishly good TE.