Three Week Hunt Plot

Rich M

As the title says - looking for some advice for a couple short time food plots. Have a groundhog max and it works well.

Story - lease plants club at the end of September/beginning of October every year and I want to hunt beginning of archery. Will have about 2 weeks of just me hunting before they get tilled-in and folks start getting ready for rifle. So cheap & easy comes to mind.

It should be hot & dry - I have a couple low spots I can plant that may have some moisture and if it rains just a little bit, can capitalize on that.

Question is what is best to plant for the August & Early September heat in southern GA?

Wondering if just some "summer mix" is the way to go or if there is a peas/soybean and maybe oats or buckwheat kind of blend I should be looking at.

Any suggestions?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’d get me a $70 bag of ICP’s and a couple bags of fertilizer and plant them good and thick and hope they are not all GON when season comes in . If they are GON the deer should already be coming so it wouldn’t take them long to find my corn pile

Rich M

Sounds like good advice to me.

Was figuring would need to incorporate some of them golden seeds if could just get em started to the area.

fatback

I’d get me a $70 bag of ICP’s and a couple bags of fertilizer and plant them good and thick and hope they are not all GON when season comes in . If they are GON the deer should already be coming so it wouldn’t take them long to find my corn pile
Agreed on the iron clay peas.