Thursday Evening Boil

georgia_home

Looking good. May kick a cravin here!

Oldstick

I just got rehungry :mad:
Me too! Where you at Ryork? I might can be there around 12 or thereabouts. Or maybe save me some leftovers for tomorrow?

Oldstick

Me too! Where you at Ryork? I might can be there around 12 or thereabouts. Or maybe save me some leftovers for tomorrow?
And same message to 4HAND. :D

ryork

Lord, I didn't even think about that. I'm sorry Ryork.

No need to apologize at all!! I started it as the Thursday night thread so fully anticipated anything to be included. I don’t want anybody holding back on my account. I honestly haven’t had much in the way of “food depression” over this, though I could go for a rack of ribs!!!

If we go to a restaurant with other folks I tell them don’t worry about me physically or emotionally order whatever you want. Have had some friends actually not order what they want due to this if I’m around. I appreciate it but not their fault the stupid tick bit me. I enjoy seeing other folks steaks and burgers, does not bother me at all! So please don’t hold back on my account. Keeps me hopeful on a year or two maybe I can post one again. Go for blood test in a couple of weeks.

furtaker

No need to apologize at all!! I started it as the Thursday night thread so fully anticipated anything to be included. I don’t want anybody holding back on my account. I honestly haven’t had much in the way of “food depression” over this, though I could go for a rack of ribs!!!

If we go to a restaurant with other folks I tell them don’t worry about me physically or emotionally order whatever you want. Have had some friends actually not order what they want due to this if I’m around. I appreciate it but not their fault the stupid tick bit me. I enjoy seeing other folks steaks and burgers, does not bother me at all! So please don’t hold back on my account. Keeps me hopeful on a year or two maybe I can post one again. Go for blood test in a couple of weeks.
Will the blood test show if you still have Alpha Gal? I hope you get it whipped and can get back to normal. I think plenty of folks end up getting over it.

ryork

Will the blood test show if you still have Alpha Gal? I hope you get it whipped and can get back to normal. I think plenty of folks end up getting over it.

It measures the level of alpha-gal in your blood. A year ago mine was in the very upper ranges of "extremely high" so I doubt it will be close to where it needs to be to try and reintroduce some things. I'm hopeful in another couple of years I'll get there. There's no rhyme or reason to it and the medical profession doesn't really understand it if they've ever even heard about it. Some folks definitely do go into remission from it, some apparently don't and unfortunately there's not but one real way to know................