Tie A Para Cord Lanyard

mossyoak0270

Hey guys - Hope someone can give me a some help. My 11 yr old son has the duck hunting bug in a BAD way (i am a proud dad :cool:). I am going to buy him his first high-end call for all the hard work in school and calling practice he has been doing. I wanted to tie him his own lanyard and hopefully it will be something he keeps for years to come. I have just about everything done, but I hit a brick wall - I am having trouble trying to figure out how to bring (braid) the two ends together. I have seen example where you just wrap the cord around the ends, but I dont want that. I was hoping someone could help me with instructions on how to braid the ends together so it looks clean. I have looked every place I know to figure out how (including boodoggle man). Anyone have the know how or instructions I could use to finish this project with? For all I know I may be tieing the entire lanyard wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated. The attached picture is what I am trying to do.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• lanyardtie.jpg
    lanyardtie.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 669

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
There used to be instructions on duckhuntingchat.com. I would bet it is still there if you search. I have made a few of them and they are very nice.

Gut_Pile

Here is one I made. What I did is I tied a not at both ends and I left one strand hanging from both ends for my calls. I cut and burned the extra. Then I used a band from another store bought lanyard I had to hold it together. I think it looks pretty clean. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• lanyard.jpg
    lanyard.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 665

DC.Killa

You only leave three pieces of cord from each side. Then Pair up each piece of cord from the other side and do a regular flat weave

Steve762us

Bear in mind that even a single piece of that cord can decapitate you, if it gets caught up the wrong way, while carrying something around your neck. Just something to keep in mind, moving around boats, brush and what not...stuff happens.